HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Footyfan
    Options
    I sent off various pieces of unwanted gold jewellery at 9 am yesterday. Next Day Special Delivery was very good and user friendly. This morning,I got a confirmation email from HGM that they had received my parcel. Money was credited via BACS into my account within 4 hours.

I was initially a bit disappointed as I weighed my gold 20g more than HMG. However, HMG advised me that the underweight was because there were some earings and a chain that was 'non gold'. HGM are kindly sending me back my 'non gold' pieces free of charge as a goodwill gesture. I do intend to take these pieces to a local high street jeweller for a second opinion, as I was very surprised (as well as my husband who bought them for me!)to be advised they were not gold!

All in all, a very professional outfit and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone that wants to sell their unwanted gold.:cool:
  • welshchap69
    Options
    A truly excellent company to deal with. I obtained two quotes from local jewellers for my scrap gold. The first said that my gold was not really worth anything the second offered me £200. Hatton gardens gold said that my gold was worth £265 yes I know what a difference.:beer: I sent my gold to them by special delivery on a Wednesday, Thursday morning I received a call from them and by 11.30am the same day I was paid £275.61 yes that's right £10.61 more than the original quotation. The money was paid direct into my bank account. What can I say there are not many companies out there that offer this level of service. By the way I am a plumber I live in S Wales and I have nothing at all to do with Hatton Gardens Gold. I just thought you should know.:beer:
  • Nix1956
    Options
    Used them for the 4th time this week, sent 1/2 sovereign earrings yesterday Special Delivery, money in my bank now! Can't fault them they are so nice to deal with I've persuaded my sister to sell her scrap gold to them! Much better than a dodgy pawn shop or rip off jeweller!
  • Nix1956
    Options
    In response to Mitchaa's post regarding newbies, I'm a first time poster on here because I followed the link on my Remittance Advice from HGM & I assume that's how most of the other newbies have arrived on this site, I am 100% genuine!
  • nosmo_king
    Options
    Could not fault them - brilliant service! Posted a KrugerRand on Thursday - got email from them on Friday to confirm receipt - money in my bank account the same day.

Had taken the coin to a local jeweller who offered £51 less than HGM - who then said that he would sell some of his KrugerRands to HGM as it had to be the best price anywhere!:T
  • pammy14
    pammy14 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had great service from Hatton. Sent off the gold Thursday and received cheque on Saturday morning. Got twice as much as I was offered at local jewellers so was well pleased.
    Was worried about sending by post and thought some of the comments might not be true but I was proved wrong.
  • sylala
    Options
    Just to confirm that I have used Hatton Garden Metals, I read Martin's article in newspaper thought I had nothing to lose and sent redundant wedding rings, chains, odd and old ear rings etc, I received £1052,53 exactly the day after I posted it. I had taken the gold to a shop and he offered me £650 and that was the second and final offer. My daughter, sister and friends have all now followed suit and are all really, really pleased with the service. My sister's husband said it was a con initially and had to swallow his words.
  • leeandchloe
    Options
    :ji've had a bag full of old broken bits of jewellery stuffed in a drawer for ages and decided to try and sell them. with all the bad publicity for the postal gold sites on tv i looked on martins money tips and found hatton garden metals. i read all the threads and a lot of people were suspicious of the new ones. i have been a member of mse for a few years but have never left feedback on anyone.
    anyway, i sent my gold off on monday morning by special delivery insuring up to £1000 as i had in my estimate from kitchen scales about £1040 worth of gold. logged onto website tues morning and found that they had received gold and it was being processed. got e mail just before 11am to say that they had credited my account with £1080. diff due to weight but as in my favour i'm happy. went straight onto internet banking and money was in account.
    i can't believe how easy it was and although other members of my family were rather more suspicious, they are now telling everyone they know.
    am recommending them to everyone with no hesitation.

thanks martin
  • Wilsonni
    Options
    I used them to sell £60,000 of Krugerands in September 2010. I did it in two batches and because of the value I delivered them personally to their Office in Hatton Garden. The money was paid into my bank account within a matter of hours and I was naturally nervous about handing over the coins in the hope of receiving payment.

I was very pleased with the price I got for the coins, the service and the efficiency in getting payment. I can vouch for their faultless service.
  • danuk
    danuk Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If i have no clue on weight and carat how do i send them the gold? I looked on their site and its seems to want you to fill in weight and carat of gold ....

Any ideas
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure