Biomass wood pellet prices - bagged and bulk

Options

Comments

• WPG
    WPG Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Prices are generally quite good at this time of year, think last year they started creeping up again around the middle of August.

There are a couple of "Summer" deals that I'm aware of:-

Swift Energy : £10 off your first full pallet
    Verdo : £30 off a full pallet of verdo pellets (assume this excludes their new "Euro Value" pellets)

Details of both of those at http://woodpelletguide.uk/wood-pellet-offers.html
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just checked the Wood Pellet Guide and it looks like there is a mini price war developing, one tonne of Verdo Euro Value can now be purchased for under £200, as can KG from Luxury Wood, both are BSL & ENPlus listed.

Prices usually drop this time of year, so it is probably a good point to buy, particularly as Sterling has depreciated against the Euro, so new stock at the suppliers will more than likely be at increased cost.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Must say I'm tempted by the Verdo Euro Value but not heard any word about their quality. I've tried the KG ones and found them to be ok.
  • Will465
    Options
    Try goodlifebiomass co uk for pellets. They have a small range of British manufacturers and seem to be the cheapest in the UK by far! I've used them a few times now and never have problems when I am buying online.
  • thozza
    Options
    Looks like bagged pellet prices are starting to rise as Autumn approaches, Luxury Wood have increased the price of both KG & Imperial Heat, but Verdo Euro Value are still on sale at £198.96/T.

If last year is any guide, expect the cheapest pellets prices to rise by £10-20/T over the next couple of months.
  • cancunia
    cancunia Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Slightly off topic but hopefully relevant, apologies!
    Just wondered if anyone knows of UK suppliers for pellet igniters? I have an MCZ stove which is exclusively imported by Specflue in the UK and they won't deal with the general public. Looking on eBay, igniters are plentiful in Italy and Germany but not so much in the UK. I could only find one UK supplier so far (BD Supplies). Their prices seem ok although a little high compared with DE & IT, but it's always nice to see what else is out there.

Thanks in anticipation.
  • WPG
    WPG Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    peat wrote: »
    Must say I'm tempted by the Verdo Euro Value but not heard any word about their quality. I've tried the KG ones and found them to be ok.

We've just started on our first pallet of Verdo Euro Value pellets and they seem OK to me so far. (and I prefer the 10Kg bags)
  • peat
    peat Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's me almost ready to order my second pallet of Verdo Euro Value. They may be slightly dustier than other makes but not excessively so. The pellets look as if they are made from different tree species possible birch as well as conifers - but whatever - they burn fine.
  • thozza
    Options
    Just getting to the end of my first pallet of Verdo Euro Value, and I have to say that I am rather disappointed, as pointed out above they are rather dusty, but a more critical issue is that a significant number of the bags were not sealed properly, so pellets dropped out all over the place. With my storage being in an outside shed, there is a worry that the pellets have got damp, I do seem to be using more than I would have expected, even given the cold weather we have been having.

I won't be buying again and have just ordered another pallet of Balcas Brites from Plumb Center, slightly more expensive, but I know that the bags will be sealed.
  • LukasMc
    LukasMc Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the pallet of Brites pellets? Was it a 1000kg pallet?
    Thanks
    Biomass / Green Aficionado
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family