Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up! Ive been so busy at work so im finding it hard to get on here.

Yesterday DD1 was off school as on Monday when DH collected her they mentioned they thought she had a tummy bug as she had been to the toilet! They hadnt sent her home and she was fine for me but I kept her off yesterday just incase. She was totally fine so I dont know where they got that from! I sent her back with a note today.
    Last week I did an extra 4 hours at work and this week so far ive done 3! Probably wont make that much difference in the grand scheme of things, but better than nothing.
    Today has been NSD9, so pleased with how im doing with these.

Tonight im going to get something out of the freezer for tea, weve got so much in there we really need to start using some of it up! Its DH's birthday tomorrow so treating him to a curry from his favourite place.

Just on the phone to MBN@ waiting to speak to someone. They have a 0% offer at the mo and the eligibility checker said I was eligible but now ive got to phone up as they cant give me an instant decision. Its for the remaining £2k of DH's thats not on 0% so fingers crossed but im not holding my breath! Thankfully its a free phone number haha!!!

Think thats all from me xx
    Mummytogirls x

• StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi MTG

Glad your DD's illness came to nothing. I have had that with my childrens school. they are abit over the top sometimes.

Good luck with the MBN# card. Fingers crossed they put it all on 0%. Every little helps.

Great you are on NSD 9. I will be joining February's NSD challenge. January has been too much of a muddled month for me, what with switching bank accounts etc.

Good to see you back. xxx
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Fingers crossed the MBN# card worked out.

Well done on the NSDs.

xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hi Steph and Alice, thanks for popping in!

The good news is that I was approved for the card!!!! Only with a 2k limit so wont be able to transfer the whole amount over but majority of it and then we will just pay the remaining £100 or so off in one go! So pleased this other than paying it all off is ultimately where we have been trying to get to in the past 3 years!

I was so annoyed with DH though as as I waiting to speak to them he rung and basically he had had a hire car for work which went back yesterday. His bike was at work and he had left the sodding keys for it at home! Had to do the hour round trip at rush hour to drop the thing off!! So that was beans on toast for tea as I couldnt be bothered pratting about once we got home.

Its his birthday today so ive been and bought his favourite curry and starters from a place at the other side of town. Ive also made him a cake, just need to put on the fudge icing when I get back from collecting the girls. So today is a spend day, only £20 so not bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be NSD10.

Just added 22p to my other bank account £4.46 in there now! Still stuck on £4 in £2 coins!

Dont think ive anything else to mention! DH's payday next Friday and mine a week on Tuesday so running low now.
    Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Glad the party for DD went well. We also had 3 not turn up. One had said they were coming but didn't and haven't even bothered to apologise since!! :mad:. The other 2 never acknowledged the invite so I didn't know if they were coming or not. Height of bad manners, but then, 3 less to pay for!!

Brilliant news about MBN@ :j Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Great news about the card :T

And happy birthday to your DH hope he enjoys his dinner & cake :D
    MFW #17
    EF- £205.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET 0/£500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Right im all cleaned, ready for bed and now sat down and not moving other than to make a cuppa or go to bed!!
    I did an extra hour at work today, by the time I only had time to have a cuppa and do some ironing infront of the TV. Since picking the kids up ive hoovered and mopped ground floor, hoovered and polished 1st floor, cleaned 1 bathroom and done tea and cleaned the kitchen. Im so tired that I knew if I sat down I wouldnt get back up again!!! We had bolognaise and garlic bread from the freezer for tea.

DH had a nice birthday PLMBL and DFW, thanks for his wishes. Thats it with the birthdays until August now. PLMBL, so rude when people dont let you know, even worse when they say theyre coming and dont!!

Didnt have a NSD today as I remembered I needed a joint of beef from the butchers whilst I was in that village for work.£10 spent but I know we will get 2-3 meals out of it. Nothing else spent today.
    Tomorrow will be a spend day aswell as were out for DHs birthday. Think NSD10 will be Monday.

Think thats all from me. Hope all ok and looking forward to the weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Just popping in for a quick catch up before it all starts again with cooking tea! So another few days have flown by and here we are again. Nothing too exciting to report, havent had another NSD yet as yesterday I ended up buying us fish and chips for tea as I just couldnt be bothered cooking! Best £8 spent :). I also popped in the coop for chocolate as I felt we all needed some.
    So today I was supposed to return a jumper to N3xt but by the time I got out of work I just didnt have time. Hopefully will do it tomorrow but weve got Ofst3d in so not holding my breath on that one!
    Was going to go to the Mr S opposite N3xt but instead I went to the local famshop and only spent £23 so not bad at all. Hopefully ive got enough to tide me over until the big shop next week when I get paid on Tuesday.

Still have £4.46 in my savings account and now up to £8 in £2 coins. Every little helps as they say!

Nothing too exciting to report anyway. Im just going to put the oven on for tea now, hot beef baguettes with hm chips, onion rings and peas... yum cant wait!

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning MTG,

Good to hear your hubby had a nice birthday, The cake sounded good, anything with fudge icing is a winner :j.

January is a long month isn't it, hopefully you are doing ok with the last pennies till payday.

Hope the Ofs!ed review goes well, always stressfull.

You have made me feel hungry with all the talk of fish and chips and beef baguettes. You eat some lovely sounds stuff.

Off to search the cupboards for something half decent to eat.
    Speak soon xx
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Just popping in for a catch up with lots of good news! Ofs3td went well as far we can tell, which is good! I felt quite stressed sat at home yesterday afternoon, think you feel worse sometimes when youre out of the situation!
    I have booked our October break to C.Parcs which also coincides with DD's birthday so that will be her birthday treat, no party this year. I am more exciting about this than our summer holiday (which hasnt been booked yet!).
    Hopefully today will be NSD10.

Steph, thanks for popping in! I do try with the meals just because I get fed up of the same old. In actual fact the beef baguettes is a cheap meal as its a joint of beef which does us for 3 meals and DH 2 work lunches! It is so delicious once its already been cooked though.
    Hope you found something nice to eat.

So yesterday I took the jumper back and got the £28 refunded. Popped into Mr S next door and spent £4 on fruit and a sponge for my nephew (nearly due date!). Came home, cleaned, picked the kids up and then popped next door to see their new baby. Totally adorable but not broody at all haha!!! Oh I got 2 £2 coins yesterday so my stash is now at £12. Would really like to get to £150-£200 for CP's, that would be a good chunk of the spending money we need to fully enjoy ourselves. We always take food with us but it would be nice to eat out a couple of times too.

Today ive been on a course instead of work, booked CP's, taxed the car online, did the online shop for Sunday with an £8 off voucher a friend gave me and a free delivery Mr S gave me. Just going to catch up with my ironing then pick the kids up.

Its really trying to snow here, I can feel it feeling chilly in the house but I am not putting the heating on til it comes on the timer when the kids come home. The ironing should warm me up! Then ive got kievs out for tea so will do that with roast pots and veg. So a busy old evening.

Think thats all from me. Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family