Which lenders aren't online with mortgages?

2»

Comments

• westv
    westv Posts: 6,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dsab wrote: »
    Northern Ireland's biggest local Lender, Progressive BS, doesn't have any online facilities either. .

So not very progressive then.
  • clairebeth
    clairebeth Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Although the other thing that differs with first direct compared to our previous lenders is that once it's set up we'll pay by standing order, rather than direct debit, so we can increase the standing order to overpay, which is handy.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    dsab wrote: »
    Northern Ireland's biggest local Lender, Progressive BS, doesn't have any online facilities either. Can be quite annoying, but putting up with it due to the good rate I got with them.

Would you prefer to pay a higher interest rate to cover the cost of building a suitable system.

Relatively easy to keep track of roughly where ones mortgage balance is. Without the need to view it once a month.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Would you prefer to pay a higher interest rate to cover the cost of building a suitable system.

That comment was in respect of Progressive BS, and it's a fair point.

It wouldn't stand up if related to first direct however, who have massive resources and the IT systems of HSBC, who already have the facility.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Clydesdale don't let you see it online; I call every month to get the internet applied for the last month and refreshed balance :) I bet the advisors love me :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Glover1862
    Glover1862 Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Coop don't have any online facility, bonus I suppose that they are still around! Actually very good lender, never had an issue with them.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Clydesdale don't let you see it online; I call every month to get the internet applied for the last month and refreshed balance :) I bet the advisors love me :D

It took me 3 readings... then I realised you meant "interest"!
  • glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

If you have a current account with Clydesdale, you can then register for internet banking, from which you can then see your mortgage account information. Improvements are coming to the online banking service and mobile applications over the next 1-2 months with increased functionality. If you do open a bank account with them, be sure they do it using the same customer number umbrella as your mortgage account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure