The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    All I've done so far is get dressed :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • I've just had brunch!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've just had brunch!
    abba1772 wrote: »
    All I've done so far is get dressed :rotfl:

:rotfl: oh you're a pair of clowns :rotfl:

Somehow, I'm not sure how, I have managed to get my emergency fund up to £490. :j £10 short of my target though. :mad: I need to find £10. Its amazing how i have struggled for years to get together this fund but having that boost last week just seemed to tip me the other way and now im finding money easier. Strange.

Today is LOTS of sewing with a half hour break to tidy DS's room and a quick vacuum of the car. Its full of sweeties and disgusting with a added plate in the door pocket!:eek:

I'm trying to tidy before DS goes to school but he is being very clingy again. I will try to escape in a minute.

So a day of business related stuff and cleaning, but i will have the house to myself so I can blast out Dave R while I'm at it.

Have a good day.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    You'll find your £10 as you sound so determined xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Thanks Abba. I didnt get the extra £10 yesterday but will when I get paid for the work i did but that wont be until the weekend. More sewing today, I shall be glad to see the back of pink georgette. I hane another one I've already swapped the skirt on which they have now decided the want the bodice altered. So off comes the skirt again. :eek: I think i will take up mums trouser just to break up the day.

I have woke this morning feeling extremely on edge. My whole body is like jelly and I'm shaking. There is no reason I can think of and its something i usually only get when I'm going off to work. I don't know, perhaps too much focus on money. Or perhaps its because I'm making zero headway with the three week list as I have so much sewing on. Perhaps part of the day needs to be spent on other things.

DS has his hearing test today. Its an extra one at the health centre. They are very thorough and understand that if he becomes unfocussed they need to bring him back to what he is doing. His test results are always near normal when its done there. At the hospital they do about 10 sounds with him mostly looking around the room and not focussed then they say he can barely hear. They dont seem to realise he is just not taking any notice of what they or he is meant to be doing, and wont listen to me when i ask them to do it again with him focussed. The hearing lady at the health centre is concerned because his results are all over 5he place so she kindly booked him in for a test a week becore his hospital one to have something to work from.

Oh well, time to get on if i can dislodge DS from my lap where he has been sleeping since we got back from dropping DH off.

Have a good day.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I hope you find your balance and the hospital appointment with small boy goes well

I too have woken feeling the weight of all the uncomfortable changes I am implementing. We are both doing great. Big changes have an impact on our bodies. I plan to have a day of doing stuff but I will also be kind to myself. I might read a magazine with a large cup of cinnamon tea whilst listening to some classical music for 20 minutes today.

Be kind to yourself at some point today :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Maybe it's the hearing test that has unsettled you. I know I cope less well with uncertainty that with things mounting up. Take care.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hope you're alright Parsnip and that the unsettling feeling passes. Remember to take some time for yourself.

A big well done and fantastic news that you're so close to your emergency fund target.

Hope the appt with DS goes well today.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • parsniphead
    I hope you find your balance and the hospital appointment with small boy goes well

I too have woken feeling the weight of all the uncomfortable changes I am implementing. We are both doing great. Big changes have an impact on our bodies. I plan to have a day of doing stuff but I will also be kind to myself. I might read a magazine with a large cup of cinnamon tea whilst listening to some classical music for 20 minutes today.

Be kind to yourself at some point today :)
    Maybe it's the hearing test that has unsettled you. I know I cope less well with uncertainty that with things mounting up. Take care.

Thank you both and you're both right.

I think we are all so hard on ourselves at times. We are fighting battles with money which may makes others give up but we are all doing so tremendously well. :T I do think it's a bit like a drug though, you just want more and more success. I think I tend to focus so much on one thing and forget other stuff like being careful about my health. We should all give ourselves 20 minutes per day to just be.

Have a fantastic day both. :)

• parsniphead
    edited 12 July 2017 at 9:31AM
    Hope you're alright Parsnip and that the unsettling feeling passes. Remember to take some time for yourself.

A big well done and fantastic news that you're so close to your emergency fund target.

Hope the appt with DS goes well today.

Sorry chandelier. You must. Have been posting at the same time as me and I missed it.

The feeling did pass eventually. I think it helped breaking up my day with other jobs. Its amazing what can be achieved in 30 minutes. I still have more sewing today so I will do the same and get some other jobs done too. Plus it gives my back a bit of relief.

Im still waiting for the £10. I will be taking the dresses back this weekend and will get paid then but I want it now. I'm so impatient.:rotfl: i can round up the emergency fund and throw the rest at the debts. :T

Im going to send of my PPI claim today as its still not done. It may come to nothing but no harm in trying. I was also reading about claiming on pay day loans, which I'm ashamed to say I used for a while. Perhaps I should try them to. I just want everything to be straight and become more financially stable.

I took some photos of my house yesterday. :eek:. I thought about resurrecting a blog I had a while back as a way of tracking progress for myself. I'm a visual person and would be motivated by looking back at changes and also use it for planning.

Oh well. I must go. Busy day listening to Mr Ramsey.:rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure