IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine - Stanmore Train Station

NotFairParking8
NotFairParking8 Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 24 April 2018 at 6:04PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi! Rude people on here!

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It is not a fine.

What is the name of the parking company please.

Have you read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES yet that tells you how to deal with private parking charges?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    its not a "fine" , its likely to be a penalty charge notice under bylaws

and the station wont have "station officers" , more likely to be a pcn from a private parking company

so , name of "private company" and what "contravention" did they state ?

and please read the NEWBIES sticky thread, which is expressly for "newbies" to read and digest
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    As I was walking back to my car today I noticed that I had been left a Parking Fine by one of the station's no doubt delighted officers.

...should read:
    As I was walking back to my car today I noticed that some random ex-clamper git, not employed by the station but hoping for a share of the spoils, had slapped a fake PCN on my car

It's not a ''fine'' nor is there any ''officer".
    it could only happen to me,
    Hardly! We see this all the time, loads of scam PCN cases at stations, every single one won.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NotFairParking8
    NotFairParking8 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2018 at 6:04PM
    All Done now!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    So you think I should challenge it, how best to go about it?
    Ummm...it's a scam PCN, what do you think, we are not going to say pay it?!

Please read the NEWBIES thread we beg people to please read first. The one in capital letters at the top of the forum on page one where instead of reading it first, you hit 'new thread'.

Please use the appeal already written, in the sticky thread, depending on if the firm is an AOS member of the BPA or the IPC (Google it if your PCN doesn't say). You didn't mention which parking firm - please don't type it with a question mark after it like someone just did about Smart parking, as if they expected further guidance (please search the forum, that's how it works best - all firms are covered practically every day/week!).

With the best will in the World, as volunteers with day jobs and busy lives and families who really want you to win, we can't keep up our input on this forum the way we do by answering 20 questions on every individual thread for every new person.

Most people never start a thread, I am sure, I reckon most visitors to this forum are lurkers who read the NEWBIES thread then do what it says, and win by not saying who was driving, and learning from the sticky thread how and when to appeal.

If it is NCP this is dead easy to win simply by using our template appeal style and not shooting your toes off by saying who parked.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure