IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent advice needed regarding private land parking tickets

Options

Comments

• Pinklady0805
    Options
    Hi,
    many thanks for your reply.

Yes the car park that we have received the parking tickets in, is the shopping centre car parks that are used by customers, it is a free parking car park and there is no time limit for how long customers can park. I'm unsure how they know if we are staff or not, I presume they must see us in uniform (not that we all wear one) or they go off the length of time the vehicle is parked in the car park. We were asked to register our cars with the shopping centre so we could use the staff car park that they told us we were to use as this would have number plate recognition cameras in use for the Barrier to let us in. Not many of us have done this though so unsure how they know or can prove we are staff,, unless they can contact our employers?. To be far we are in my eyes customers as well as staff as every day we are at work we shop and spend money there even if it is only our lunch and drinks, we still spend!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Then they could ticket you on a day you were not working shift but were simply a shopper? Let Them !!!!

But the courts are keen to quote that parkers and PPCs have a contract based on the signage, so.................. do the signs have any wording about "No Staff" or anything that would restrict staff parking there> I suspect not. Can you let us have a copy of the sign wording.

I can see no basis, on what you have supplied so far, for them to make any charges stick.
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    I would like to upload a picture of the signs displayed in the customer car parks and the PCN that I've received but I can't figure out how to do it on here, bear with me I'll keep trying
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    The sign does state that you can't park in these areas as on duty staff members
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    I can work out how to upload images sorry ☹️
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I can work out how to upload images sorry ☹️

You need to upload them to a hosting site (many are available) then paste a link into the thread. Being a newbie you need to change the http part to hxxp and a regular will fix it for you.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    The sign does state that you can't park in these areas as on duty staff members
    Sounds reasonable, but as you don't get paid until you arrive for work ; you are, at that time of parking, not yet an on duty staff member.
    If the car park is free all day for shoppers, but there is no requirement to actually buy anything ; then it is free for anyone. It seems bizarre that a random person could park there all day, but someone who works there, could not. Perhaps the parking company could be asked to prove on each occasion, that the driver was an on duty staff member, and then remind the employers of their obligation under data protection. If POPLA / POFA is about not having to reveal who the driver was, that presumably means not revealing the driver's place of work.
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    ok, ill have another go thanks!
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    I have tried to upload the links but get the quotation saying due to being a new user I am not allowed to post with links to stop scammers is there a possible way around this? I have saved the links for if there is a way.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please search for the words 'newbie way round links'...fed up with this being asked every time, every hour, every day.

Sorry but just search - half the time, it's quicker than typing the question! At least three people have already asked the same Q today alone.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure