• dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    STS since last Wednesday.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Wow Roland, that's epic, well done! :T

Glad to hear you're on the mend now, Dom :)

[-1lb this week and 5 hours brisk walking.

Been a bit under the weather the last few days, so no aerobics alas. Giving myself a few days and will be back on it next week :j
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • fredsnail
    fredsnail Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 July 2015 at 10:24PM
    Here's this weeks chart:

29%20July%202015_zps97fzovop.jpg

Congrats to our SoTW and SoTM Rolandtheroadie :):) :j:j

Congrats to our losers and STSers - there were no gainers this week :j:j

If you wish to join the 5lb challenge next month please post below.

Here's this weeks chart for the Blackpool Tower exercise challenge:

Blackpool%20tower%2029%20July%2015_zpsebzwvy66.jpg

Well done everyone taking part :).

As usual I will keep recording all exercise done up to the 1st August and post the final chart next week.

Next months challenge will be to swim the English Channel (21 miles) - all exercise will count - I'll convert it to the appropriate miles. If you wish to join the challenge please post below.

Here's the chart for our Home v Away team challenge this week.

Home%20v%20Away%2029%20July%2015_zpsanyhw5ff.jpg

Congratulations to the Away team who've won this week and the Home team who've won this month.

Next months teams will be Countryside or Seaside - if you wish to join a team please post below.

This weeks quote is by Anon:
    "You can make progress or you can make excuses, but you can't do both."
  • Well done everyone, onwards and downwards for next week.

Fred, sign this country boy up for Countryside please and also the 5lb challenge for August.
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Congratulations Roland, that loss is mega. Good on you.

If I May, i would like to give the 5lb challenge a go.

Relating to the monthly challenge, does the exercise include the walking done during my day to day life? I am a school caretaker, so am wandering around for most of my working week. ( i do my 10000 steps daily!!)

Sy..
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2015 at 10:55AM
    Once again I managed to forget to post on Wed,sorry Fred.
    It was another STS for me anyway,I seem to be getting very good at maintaining!!
    Have upped the exercise this week, so hopefully the scale will start moving on them right direction again soon.
    Tried Sh' bam last night. It is a dance based class and quite good fun, so hopefully will keep going to that.
    Can I join the 5lb challenge and the Channel challenge. Would love to do the channel challenge by swimming, but not sure how many lengths that it. Off to find out.
    Ooh, will join the seaside team please Fred. It is the nearest I will get to a holiday this summer :)
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Hmm, have checked it out and would need to do just over 45 lengths a day during August. I am away for 3 days during August, so would need to increase the lengths on a few other days.
    Not sure whether I can do it, but will give it a go and see how far I get. As I am off work for the summer, I think I will get up early and get to the pool. Hopefully if I go early enough it wont be full of children!!
  • fredsnail
    fredsnail Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes the exercise can take in any exercise - including walking that you do during the day - though general walking will count for less miles than more strenuous exercise if that makes sense.
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Add me to the channel challenge from the 1st August as well please Fred.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thanks, as ever, Fred :T

I'll try for the 5lb again this month, and I'll be countryside please. Hope I can swim that Channel a few times as well! :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback