Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here!

Options

Comments

• Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Ops-Bundle-Volume-One-ebook/dp/B00GO57J22/
    Black Ops Bundle - Three full length thrillers
    The Black Ops Bundle: Volume 1 introduces three gripping series, in three full-length novels--all intricately linked to the clandestine world of Black Ops. From the depraved killing fields of war torn Serbia, the turbulent streets of Northern Ireland, and the shadowy corridors of the Kremlin, come three covert warriors with one common objective - SURVIVE.

Parallax View (4.3 stars/73 reviews) - A Top-Secret Document. A CIA operative, alone and isolated. And a faceless group, determined to prevent her from completing her mission. Can Tracie Tanner stay alive long enough to stop an act of treachery so violent it could trigger World War III?

Veil of Civility (4.7 stars/27 reviews) - For years, former IRA-man Declan McIver has lived under the radar -- married to a beautiful woman and operating a successful business -- but that life is about to change. When a meeting with an old friend goes horribly wrong, Declan finds himself on the run from a shadowy conspiracy that will stop at nothing to keep their evil intentions a closely guarded secret.

Black Flagged (4.2 stars/242 reviews)- A graduate of the Department of Defense's experimental Black Flag program, Daniel Petrovich carries a secret he's taken extreme measures to keep buried. In exchange for the promise of a clean slate, he agrees to carry out one final mission. Daniel's life is about to disintegrate. To survive, he'll be forced to release a dark side he'd fought for years to suppress.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Meadows
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Detective-Inspector-Berenice-Killick-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00GNDCZC4/
    Dying to Know - 333 pages
    A man’s body washes up on the beach.
    It looks as if he threw himself from a lighthouse - but was it suicide, or something more sinister?
    Detective Inspector Berenice Killick is used to dealing with minor complaints like parking tickets and lost property, so when she is offered the case she jumps at the chance.
    She soon discovers that the dead man was Murdo Macguire, a physicist, and that he and his colleagues were carrying out top secret work on particle collisions.
    When more of the scientists are found dead, in the same place and manner as Macguire, it looks like someone has a vendetta against the project. But what were the scientists working on?
    And will someone kill to find out - or to prevent the science being revealed?
    As she delves deeper into the mystery, Berenice must fight to get her voice heard in a police department run by men - and she must learn to trust her instincts if she is to have any chance of solving the case. What is it that the murderer is Dying to Know?
    Berenice must find out before it is too late...
  • Saint_Chris
    Options
    thanks mrsmstweets that will be a nice new year read on my holiday.
  • lotielot
    lotielot Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    I'm planning to buy one. Which kindle would you recommend and is there any good deals at the moment. Thanks.
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    I love the versatility of my kindle fire, it has many features of a tablet such as web browsing, apps, music & videos.
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    lotielot wrote: »
    I'm planning to buy one. Which kindle would you recommend and is there any good deals at the moment. Thanks.

If you're planning to use it mainly for reading, you'll be better off with the Paperwhite - a much nicer screen (much like paper to look at, and no glare) and a much longer battery life, in weeks.

The Fire is fine as a tablet, but has a battery life of just hours and isn't ideal for reading
  • Meadows
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinesis-Ethan-Spier-ebook/dp/B006ZDPVM8/
    Kinesis - 340 pages
    When two men break into Leonard Samson’s house, beat him unconscious and murder his six-year-old son, the police arrive to a gruesome scene. But they are shocked to find the mutilated bodies of the two intruders in the front room of Leonard’s home, while he waits in the kitchen with the surviving members of his family.

Clarissa Chapman is a DCI of Psychokinetic Investigations, a new area of police work, instigated after the first genuine case of psychokinesis was discovered, some fifteen years earlier. The Samson case is brought to her attention due to the strange way in which the two intruders were killed. She suspects Leonard Samson is a Kinetic.
    All Kinetics are blessed with a gift to move objects with only the power of their mind. But it is also a horrific curse. Within a few years of discovering their ability, they all develop violent insanity and, for this reason, are locked away in specially designed prisons for the benefit of public safety.

After discovering that the authorities suspect him of being a Kinetic, Leonard Samson runs; unaware that the police are not the only ones pursuing him.
    As the days pass by, Clarissa becomes increasingly aware that certain aspects of the Samson case just do not add up...
  • Meadows
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Are-You-Positive-Stephen-Davis-ebook/dp/B0047DX1F2/
    Are You Positive? - 384 pages
    Courtroom drama in the style of John Grisham.
    26-year-old Tyree Johnson stands accused of first degree murder in a prominent South Carolina courtroom. But his murder weapon is not a gun or a knife; in fact, there was no violent crime at all. His “victim,” Beth Ann Brooks, dated Tyree for a few months, and they made love more than once. However, Tyree Johnson had been diagnosed HIV-Positive, and the prosecution claims that Beth Ann Brooks was infected with HIV by Tyree and died some months later.
    The defense, however, claims there is reasonable doubt that Tyree’s HIV diagnosis was wrong – that, according to numerous scientific studies, the so-called “HIV tests” are fraught with errors, and have been ever since their inventor, Dr. Robert Gallo, lied on his patent application. Furthermore, Tyree’s lawyer argues that there is no scientific evidence that HIV is transmitted by heterosexual intercourse, and that Tyree’s girlfriend died from taking lethal anti-retroviral drugs rather than from any HIV/AIDS-related illness.
    Based on more than 500 actual scientific studies and references, the author claims that every word of sworn testimony is true and verifiable.
    "Are You Positive?" raises serious questions about whether anyone has ever been properly diagnosed as HIV-Positive, and whether most AIDS victims are dying from the side-effects of the HIV medications prescribed by their doctors – all in a spell-binding novel.
    You be the judge.
  • Meadows
    Options
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    lotielot wrote: »

If you're planning a lot of books, Kindle Fire won't let you organise them into collections - they expect you to have them as one long list either on your Fire or in the cloud. I think there may be software out there like Calibre that can go some way towards helping, but I've not explored that myself. If it's just for reading, go for a Paperwhite as has already been said.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure