Bank of Ireland - Structural Survey

madaminx
madaminx Posts: 217 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying an end terrace in Greater Belfast. House appears to be in generally good structural condition. However BOI have just carried out a valuation survey and require me to instruct a structural engineer to carry out a building survey as there's evidence of sloping floors on the first floor.

This is all new to me and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a structural engineer, have looked for quotes but they all cost an absolute fortune. Possibly thinking of pulling out of the sale.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks

Comments

• duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    madaminx wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm in the process of buying an end terrace in Greater Belfast. House appears to be in generally good structural condition. However BOI have just carried out a valuation survey and require me to instruct a structural engineer to carry out a building survey as there's evidence of sloping floors on the first floor.

This is all new to me and was just wondering if anyone can recommend a structural engineer, have looked for quotes but they all cost an absolute fortune. Possibly thinking of pulling out of the sale.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks

Can't recommend anyone in particular but it should cost quite a bit.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    You're probably looking at £500 plus.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills