Unusual Hen Party Ideas?

13»

Comments

• On the Royal Mile, in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town, and just a few minutes from Waverley station, Royal Mile Recording Experiences (Google it) is the ultimate and convenient location for special recording studio parties.

“Make it a hen weekend to remember and start your party in the city in the Royal Mile, with a recording experience you’ll never forget”.
  • MoneyMission2015
    MoneyMission2015 Posts: 624 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2016 at 1:43PM
    My sister went to a hen party back last year and one of the activities was one of those Room Escape games. Basically you all get locked in a room and there are clues and tasks that have to be completed in order to find the key to get out. I think you get something like 45 minutes to try and get out yourself. I know there is one in Cardiff and I think Bristol, not sure where else they do them but I know it's quite popular at the moment so I imagine most major cities would have something. I think after the room escape thing they all just went for a meal and some drinks at a nice restaurant, then stayed in a hotel for the night. If you google room escape games Cardiff, it comes up with the Cardiff one but also lists the other companies that do it.

P.S Sorry, just noticed this thread has been resurrected from 2012!!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Two posts - both spamming the same site - Get clicking!
  • paddyrg wrote: »
    I know this thread is a massive necro, but in Bath there are a couple of places ideal for hen parties - one where you do a chocolate-making course/demo at a high-class chocolatier, or another place where you make/sew something as a gang, maybe DIY knickers or garters or cushions, etc. There are several spas of course as well...

I think the place in Bath you're talking about is The Makery. You can book hen parties there where you can make your own sashes and garters with afternoon tea. My sister had hers there a year back and she loved it.
    The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    not sure if its still going in Brighton (other places may do it too)-

cafe that does pottery painting sessions, possibly with wine / nibbles!
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • Can someone suggest some new 2017 unique ideas for my sisters hen party please? i have contacted around 10 companies that seem all to be offering the same services that relate to packages and hotels, but they are only going to Newcastle for 1 night. I assume they use other companies in other areas and they are just e-commence website. only want something like cheeky butlers, male strippers (maybe), cocktail tasting or something along those lines. I came across celebrate just right offering Dwarf Hire? is this even legal?. I had a look on the website Owen suggested but they only operate in Bath? - I have been to the escape rooms in Bristol before that will brill - I went with my GF but am not sure i would suggest that for a hen unless she really likes this type of thing though. I am not really a out of the box thinker so really hard. I was in Bristol on the weekend and its seems to slowed down for Hen parties as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure