Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Comments

• mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Saveapenny those are really pretty looks like you will be very busy for the next few months lol

Sunrise your cards are both lovely

Rusty have pm'd you
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    Saveapenny I loved your mummy to be card i have been thinking how much i would like to do one for my sis (due july) Can I ask if that is a pink pettitcoat image that you have used?
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Yes...Its from the Lola occasions range but unfortunatly its retired now
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • pinkladymel
    pinkladymel Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Rusty if you want some textured cardstock then Bazill is amazing but I no longer buy this because Coredinations is EXACTLY the same but about 20p a sheet. It costs about 11.99 for a pack of 60 but they are sandable to reveal a different colour core, or you can buy the jewel version which is pearly. I have seen them for 9.99 a pack but that was at the show.
    :xmastree:Self Certified Christmas Addict:xmastree:
  • debsy1963
    debsy1963 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Hi everyone,
    just thought i would post this link for anyone who is interested

http://www.craftworkcards.co.uk/events.asp

hope it works xx
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Rusty - I had a look a few days ago for 12x12 cardstock and I couldn't find that much that was reduced, I'll post a link in a minute!!
    Gemm - glad you had a good time, there were some great bargains!!
    Rainmac - I made a few cards yesterday with the lili of the valley stuff - they were so easy and quick to do! And I used my scalloped cards - I think they are going to come in so useful.
    Sunrise - beautiful card, I love the contrasting colours on the red one. I think your Mother's day card is fab too - I like the writing - very classy!!
    Saveapenny - gorgeous cards. I love the ribbons that you've used on both of them.
    Marg - really clever gingerbread man card, I like the colours that you've used with it, makes me feel very hungry!
  • melissa75_2
    Rusty - here's a few links that I found for cardstock, scroll down to post 2429, and 2430:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1287267&page=122
  • melissa75_2
    Rusty - here's a few more, scroll down to post 2418:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1287267&page=121
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Melissa - Thankyou very much for all of the links I appreciate it.

PLM I think it is the bazill that I have been looking at, keep seeing really pretty cards and one of the links Melissa posted up is a shop I was on not long ago looking at the same ones which was bazill.

Thankyou to everyone else aswell really appreciate all of your help :D
    I am going to go have a nosey ;)

On a different note OH found a craft warehouse local ish to us yesterday, we wandered onto an industrial estate to find a shop which I had mentioned and drove past a warehouse called arty and crafty. Doesn't look massive and I didn't get the chance to go in yesterday but I might have a fun up later on today once I am properly awake :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Skiergirl
    Skiergirl Posts: 995 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,

I wondered if I could have some opinions on this card. Its for mothers day but I think its missing something but don't know what. Any suggestions welcome:D

MothersDay003.jpg

Thank you
    PS the ribbon isn't stuck down yet so I can change that no problem, except its the only pink and white ribbon I have :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure