Sainsburys Voucher Ts and Cs

There is currently an option for £18 of £60 or £20 off £100 for a first shop, as part of an offer to Save up to £60 on your first 5 online grocery shops

The Ts and Cs state
When using a promotional money off voucher the value of the goods other than spirits, liqueurs or wine when on any buy 6 save 25% multibuy must be at least equal to the money off offered by the promotional voucher. Just enter the voucher code when you checkout online.
Their FAQ Help using evouchers and list of exclusions elaborates on this exact statement with an example
if you have a £5 off £50 voucher, you need to add £5 worth of items that are not on the list of exclusions below
However, when I tried to purchase over £100 of shopping with over £20 of non-excluded items (the rest was spirits) the code was not accepted.
When I used their chat to get help I was directed to a different FAQ Qualifying spend evoucher exclusion list which states
For example, for a £10 off a £50 shop, your shopping must include £50 worth of groceries that do not fall under any of the below categories.
which includes spirits.
The agent on chat refused to acknowledge that this was different to the voucher page and told me that I had to follow their Ts and Cs to use the voucher.
This is more an FYI in case anyone else wastes their time like I did. I can't post links as a new user
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure