Nescafe question

I have been buying 200g jars of Nescafe for quite some time at £stretcher. They have different shaped jars, or the lids differ but appear to be the same 'normal/regular'coffee. All have same picture of red mug of black coffee.
However, some say Nescafe Classic , some Nescafe Original, some Nescafe Classico. Some have a bit of Spanish on them, often with a tiny sticker naming the importer.
My question is 'what is the difference?' The Original and Classico say '100 cups', while the Classic says '120 cups'.
Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have inside knowledge of these products?

Comments

• I don't know how you can drink instant coffee anyway. Get yourself some real coffee beans, a grinder and a cafetière.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    ...However, some say Nescafe Classic , some Nescafe Original, some Nescafe Classico. Some have a bit of Spanish on them, often with a tiny sticker naming the importer.
    My question is 'what is the difference?' The Original and Classico say '100 cups', while the Classic says '120 cups'.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have inside knowledge of these products?

No. But I know how Google works.:)

Nescafe Classico is "the leading coffee for Latinos in the U.S". (Well that's what Nescafe say.) This blokess thinks it has a "bolder flavor than Nescafe Classic". Nescafe Classic is the coffee for non-Latinos in the US. Nescafe Original is what you normally get in the UK.

Nescafe produce different instant coffees for different national markets. I once worked with a colleague who was French, who bought jars of Nescafe back to the UK on the basis that the British stuff was p***-poor dishwater intended for a nation of tea drinkers who didn't know any better.

I have no idea whether that's true or not. I don't drink instant coffee except in a dire emergency.
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    So the Classico has 'a bolder flavour' which must be why you can get 120 cups from a jar instead of 100. I like my coffee very strong so I'll settle for the Classico if I can get more flavour and more cups per jar.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    I don't know how you can drink instant coffee anyway. Get yourself some real coffee beans, a grinder and a cafetière.

Some people just like a cup of coffee without the faff. :)
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • I don't know how you can drink instant coffee anyway. Get yourself some real coffee beans, a grinder and a cafetière.

Can you not just answer (or not) the question rather than make that comment?
    PK! :money:
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't know how you can drink instant coffee anyway. Get yourself some real coffee beans, a grinder and a cafetière.

Because it means that I can be drinking a cup of coffee within 3 minutes of walking into the kit hen to make it.

What will probably upset you more is that at work I use 3 in 1 sachets. Pour into cup, walk to kitchen, fill cup from boiler and walk out. Job done.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Coffee is whatever works for you,personally I grind beans and use a cafetière 90% of the time a pod machine the rest.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I find filter coffee bitter and unimbibable. DE instant for me, makes delicious latte.

I avoid all Nestl! products.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Discussions on coffee (and wine) does tend to being out the worst in some people.
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!

Actually I do have a cafetiere, maybe 2 , but I like the convenience of instant, and I even like drinking Nescafe! ! Do you have any response to the questions I asked?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure