Motability car hand-back question.

Options
13»

Comments

• The_Fiddle_Man
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Aren't you supposed to tell them that you're going to be recording your assessment and give a copy to them before you leave?

Yes you are, but I didn't. ATOS make it almost impossible to record it with permission, because to do so you would need two tape recorders, which I couldn't afford to buy £25 each from ARGOS, plus tapes. That is the only way you can give them an identical copy.

Many people secretly record their assessments, after all ATOS are well known to lie through the teeth, and I have proved this with my recording.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Keep on recording I say.

Nothing like the fear of being recorded to keep a so called 'professional' honest.

Tom
  • AB51
    AB51 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have a Motability car for my son who has been incorrectly assessed which has resulted in the Higher Rate Mobility element of DLA being reduced.
    It is now in the mandatory reconsideration stage with DWP.
    However,Motability have requested the car is returned by August 7th 2017 even though the mandatory reconsideration can take 11 weeks.
    Can they insist on the car being returned even though it's in the mandatory reconsideration period?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AB51 wrote: »
    I have a Motability car for my son who has been incorrectly assessed which has resulted in the Higher Rate Mobility element of DLA being reduced.
    It is now in the mandatory reconsideration stage with DWP.
    However,Motability have requested the car is returned by August 7th 2017 even though the mandatory reconsideration can take 11 weeks.
    Can they insist on the car being returned even though it's in the mandatory reconsideration period?
    Yes they can because he's no longer on HRM DLA. If he was transfering from DLA to the new PIP it may have been different, but sadly not i'm afraid. The car will have to be returned on that date. If the decision goes in your favour for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) then you'll be able to choose another car. Be warned though as most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Good luck and hope this doesn't happen.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    maninasuit wrote: »
    I was the same. For over 15 years I had High Mobility & Middle Care rates but when I was assessed for PIP I got nothing.
    I rang Motability up and they explained that the car had to go back. Instead of waiting for a repossession agent to forcibly take it off the driveway, I drove it straightaway down to the main Vauxhall dealer and left it with them to sort out. That was over a month ago and heard nothing since.
    There's a transitional support package for those who were on long time DLA mobility. Have a look at this, i'm surprised they didn't tell you about this. The other person's son was on DLA and wasn't transfering to PIP which is totally different. http://www.motability.co.uk/about-the-scheme/personal-independence-payment-and-the-scheme/q-and-a-transitional-support-package
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure