Santander 123 fee's more than doubling - should you ditch it?

MSE_Eesha
MSE_Eesha Posts: 162 MSE Staff
First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Read Martin's [URL="http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/01/05/santander-123-fees-more-than-doubling-should-you-ditch-it/]"Santander 123 fee's more than doubling - should you ditch it?"[/URL] Blog.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Comments

• It's worth noting that, for existing users of the Santander card, the switch to £3 per month from £24 per year doesn't necessarily take place immediately. I paid the £24 annual fee in November '15, and I've had an email saying that my first £3 fee will be payable in November 2016, so I plan to ditch then rather than immediately. Others considering ditching might like to check on when the best time is for them.
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • You seem to have overlooked the new interest to be paid on the £0
    to£3000 if you hold more the £3000 balance it makes a massive difference to your calculations!!!! Error
  • Personally I am probably switching to Natwest Reward account, to continue getting cashback on bills, but move savings elsewhere. It would have been interesting to see the Natwest option included as an option in the calculations...
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE_Eesha wrote: »
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Read Martin's [URL="http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/01/05/santander-123-fees-more-than-doubling-should-you-ditch-it/]"Santander 123 fee's more than doubling - should you ditch it?"[/URL] Blog.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Linky no worky...

"Whoops! Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist!"
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    typo - should be fees not fee's
  • JBMouse
    JBMouse Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just watched the Money Show on ITV about Santander banking, and I wonder if it is worth haggling with my bank (HSBC) to get a better deal as you advocate this approach with many other service providers, especially Sky. Would the bank entertain this sort of deal if I were to threaten to leave for some other bank, as I have a good current account balance and other savings with HSBC. Why would it not work?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Linky no worky...

"Whoops! Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist!"

They are waiting for you to provide the content and then post a link to it :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure