Washing machine

Bought a samsung washing machine, when it spins makes a terrible noise. Engineer came out just looked at it said put it on hardboard. And left. Called them out told them still not working properly same problem. And that I might have to pay if the same problem. Put it on wood , it has been on floorboards still did not work properly. Under guarantee till dec . So cannot see why I have to pay. Is this the norm nowadays.

Comments

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Did the first engineer tell you there was nothing wrong with the machine? If he did then they will charge you to tell you the same thing again. Did you put some wood under it? Personally I'd stick a bit of old carpet under it.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I considered a samsung machine, but if you look at John Lewis site, you will see that the customer reviews were quite bad. You might read that some had the same problems.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We bought a Samsung ecobubble 7kg machine about eleven months ago, and we've just had to have it replaced as there was a fault with the drum bearings. It was an incredibly loud machine, it sounded like there was a plane taking off whenever it went through a spin cycle - it got louder and louder and then stopped working properly. We were told when we had it replaced that they no longer make that particular model so we paid to upgrade it to the 9kg model, and the difference in noise is like night and day. The new machine is so quiet that I honestly don't even know when it's finished. I don't know where you bought it from (ours was from AO) but it might be worth complaining at bit more to get another engineer out to look at the drum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure