Self-employed : Small Earnings Certificate for previous years

2»

Comments

• MoonDragon wrote: »
    What would be the case if I use another account?

I don't quite follow. Is this income from self employment, or income from the limited company?

If you have paid income for work performed through the limited company into a personal account rather than the company's own account, then this constitutes a director's loan from the company to you.

If this income is nothing to do with the limited company, and is paid to you personally for work you have performed as either a sole trader or an employee, then you would need to register as a sole trader with HMRC (and the relevant NI contributions would then be due) or otherwise if you are an employee, then the relevant tax or NI would have been deducted at source by the employer.

You will need to give some very clear information as to how the income has arisen for anyone to be able to help you. I feel that you would benefit from seeking professional advice - if not from your current accountant then you should appoint a new accountant.
    November 2007 £570k 25 years - MF March 2033
    September 2012 £405k 20 years - MF January 2032.
    January 2015 £301k 16 years - MF January 2030
    January 2020 £231k 10 years - MF January 2030
    Mortgage Free Goal: In progress!
    June 2020: Outstanding mortgage £75,211 (£222,414 mortgage offset by £147,203 cashpool)
    August 2020: Outstanding mortgage £59,262 (£134,598 mortgage offset by £75,280 cashpool)
    Sept 2020: Outstanding mortgage £56,682 (£131,760 mortgage offset by £75,022 cashpoool)
    April 2021: Outstanding mortgage £17,278 (£64,646 mortgage offset by £47,313 cashpool)
  • MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Posts: 203 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2013 at 6:50PM
    If you have paid income for work performed through the limited company into a personal account rather than the company's own account, then this constitutes a director's loan from the company to you.
    That was my main interrogation.
    otherwise if you are an employee, then the relevant tax or NI would have been deducted at source by the employer.
    What would be the case if I have been employed abroad ? Do I have to pay in both the oversea country and UK? I had a litigation with a client who wrongly make me signed two contracts : a contractor one (in name of my company) and few months later an employee one (but I am even not sure that the term of this contract was legal (the contract end if their own client (for who i was providing my services) contract end))(misleading by claiming that was just an update of the job description of the first contract). During three months, they were paying as my employer instead of a clients but refused to pay for the second contract (at the end I have cancelled the contract by just resigning).

What should I do regarding the HMRC? How many expenses can I take off from this income?

In all cases, it sounds like I will have further money to pay.
    You will need to give some very clear information as to how the income has arisen for anyone to be able to help you. I feel that you would benefit from seeking professional advice - if not from your current accountant then you should appoint a new accountant.

Definitively, I will need to change my accountant (we have already cancelled our contract).

The company account has been amended already for 2011 - 2012, can I make a second amendment?
    A cat who's been sprayed with hot water, will then be afraid of his own bowl of innocent fresh water.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure