Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Woohoo great news.
    What a place to start from.
    Don't dwell on what 'could have been' think about the difference this makes going forward. You are on a really secure footing, you have a plan and it's a plan with some breathing space. You've got great habits from your debt free journey, keep them up.
    Are you going to chip away at the remaining card or just let it run it's course?
    I hope you are going to treat the yourselves to a little something to mark this weekend.

Sleep well
    Wish

I keep jumping back and forward between chipping away at the card, or just letting the monthly direct debit do its thing! As it's 0% I may just it be for now, and once that comes to end use savings to pay off the remaining balance. Decisions, decision! I definitely plan to keep everything the same with budgeting. There is no way we're getting back into more mess again. We only buy things we have the money for, and we save for the bigger things first.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Great news! I read your diary from start to finish yesterday and was waiting patiently for an update too!! :rotfl:

Glad to read about your plans - you sound very determined. It must be a nice feeling having that weight of worry lifted.

Subscribed and look forward to your journey ahead.

Thank you :) I actually found your diary the other day (after reading your post on the dfw board) and subscribed! I hadn't got around to commenting yet! You're doing amazingly paying off your debt and it must be such a relief that your df knows.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Middle of the night update - I've got a poorly child! Ds2 is full of cold so is pretty restless tonight.

I keep checking my accounts and wanting to do more :rotfl: I'm not quite sure what more is, but I've looked at November's budget (though my payday isn't until Tuesday). It's going to be an expensive month (when won't the month before Christmas be expensive!!) with days out and Christmas shopping. I've listed all our November activities and set aside a budget for them. I've also got vouchers ready for Christmas shopping (and money set aside for a nice lunch out with Dh on shopping day - we very rarely go out just the 2 of us!).
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope ds2 starts to feel better soon.

Don’t dwell on what you could have used the money on and just see this as a fresh start.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    The food shop is pending on the account - £73.61. That leaves £48.43 for the week with an extra £29.65 in the weekly left over pot. That's £78.08 to last until next Friday night. There should definitely be a little left over to split between next month and savings. I do need to take £10 out of the bank for a school event and we may do a day out. Where we're looking at going is free entry, you only pay for the activities you do. An activity pass is about £15, and we'll only need one for ds1 so shouldn't be too expensive. May do that tomorrow - need to chat with Dh.

I've ordered pumpkins to come with our food shop, so will need to carve them (and look to see if last year's battery 'candles' still work. We also need to put up some Halloween decorations, which I bought last November with 75% off!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I finally managed to speak to Next and reduce my credit limit right down. The day out tomorrow may not happen as ds2 is really under the weather. I'd hate to be dragged around when I'm not feeling well, so we'll leave it for another day. We may manage it next weekend instead.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    9:30 on a Saturday night and I'm in bed......Rock and Roll!!!

It has ended up being a little more spendy than I'd anticipated today, but we're still within budget. Ds1's swimming bag broke. It's the second 'cheaper' one that's broken within a few months now, so I've ordered a more expensive one instead of the plastic ones. I've ordered a birthday gift which cost just over £5 including delivery. I took £10 out of the machine for the school event and popped that in the envelope ready.

I also popped to the local shop for Saturday night supplies. We used to stock up on a Saturday night often, but it's pretty rare now. I had 2 bags full of shopping for £13.28. That included 2 big name pizzas (half price), free range chicken breast (yellow stickered - from almost £5 to £1.23), real ales (3 for £5), yoghurts for ds1 (ordered some to come with today's shop, but they didn't have any and apparently couldn't be substituted!!!) and 'snacks' (either half price or cheap own brand!). Oh, I also found a yellow stickered pastry thing for 10p (Dh or ds1 will enjoy that tomorrow!!).

Most of the snacks are in the kitchen cupboard still, sharing the real ales and eating a big pizza were more than enough for me!!

With the money left over, we should have more than enough for the rest of the week. No big spends needed now.

Survey wise - I'm frustrated. Prolific is at £19.94!!! £2 ish of it is waiting to be confirmed, but then I need another 6p before I can cash out with no charge and meet my personal target for the month!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Clocks went back.......and we still managed to keep both boys in bed until 7am!! I've been awake since 5 though.....typical!!

I'm going to roast a beef joint for lunch today. Going to try to slow roast it, but let's see!! Ds2 is still not well and is very clingy so it will be another day indoors for him to rest (and have lots of cuddles). Today should be a nsd.

I've checked my next account and they have reduced my credit limit as requested. I keep looking at ynab wondering how I can make things even better :rotfl: our food bill is the big one at the moment, but until ds2 is off formula, there isn't much I can do about it.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Slow roasted beef was a success. I added pepper to it, and cooked it in a casserole dish with stock, bay leaves and garlic. I used the stock at the end to make the gravy. Even the roast potatoes turned out brilliantly (since I learnt about adding flour!!). Yum!!

We've carved pumpkins this afternoon and managed a few loads of laundry (including the living room cushion covers - I have no idea when they were last done!!).

Ds2 is still unwell and has a very high temp. Calpol, water, milk and cuddles. He actually polished off his Sunday lunch (minus all the naughty bits such as the Yorkshire pudding, roasties and parsnips - I think he's still too little!) but hasn't really eaten otherwise!

So far today has been a nsd. Sunday is an easy online spend day, though, as we're not really busy just lazing about. I can't think of anything I need so should be ok. I downloaded the Tesco grocery app on dh's phone today. He always writes on a piece of paper if he notices us running out of something so now can actually do something about it!!

I can't believe it's getting dark already!! Winter is on its way!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Today has been a nsd. After the boys went to bed I ran myself a bath. I never have a bath, always a shower, but I thought it would be a little chill out. I put oil on my hair, a face mask on, read Take a Break (mil's magazine that she left here - I never buy magazines!!) and managed about 20 minutes before getting bored!!

I'm not sure what sort of day tomorrow will be yet. If ds2 is still poorly (which I think he probably will be) then it will be a day in again for me and the boys. Dh will be at work. I hope it's dry so that ds1 can be let free out the back for a run around!!

I had a quick check of ds2's formula earlier, and we have 2.5 tubs. That means no need to buy any next weekend. Between that and the ready made he takes to nursery, we'll save about £12. Plus, I've got a £5 voucher for our next shop! :j

We're on a mission now to use up things from the freezer as there isn't any room for the turkey at the moment. One shelf is full of pre prepared meals (always seem like a good idea at the time to bulk cook, but we never actually eat them!!). We're going to live off as many of those as possible over the next couple of weeks to clear a shelf.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts