Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes
    Same as yours and 52 meg starts July .

I shall probably go above offer plus pay in advance line rental at pre price rise .
    Plus BT TV basic at £0 pm .
  • OldDIYer
    OldDIYer Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I may go for the basic £0/mth TV to get BT Sport 'free' (£49 set-up cost).

I phoned to find out the anytime calls cost - it's £6.50 (was £5.65) and BT Sport on Sky - £3 (was £2.50). So overall it would be about 50p/mth less than I'm paying now including line rental.

I too will take line rental saver before the price increase, saving an extra £12 over the 10% for paying in advance - about £34 altogether. (ie pay £194 instead of £18.99/mth (£228pa))
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    You can pay the next advanced LR 27 days or less from your current ALR end date .
  • warrenrichards
    Options
    Why would anybody haggle BT?

I've just left my contract with them and moved to SSE - got £136 cash back and 75mb broadband for FREE for 18 months (on top of a total saving of £400+ over the year).

To get the best deal you HAVE to move each year in my opinion.
  • warrenrichards
    Options
    if you clicked through TopCashBack you would have got £60 cash back as well!!

Next time :beer::beer:
  • OldDIYer
    edited 19 May 2016 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Why would anybody haggle BT?

I've just left my contract with them and moved to SSE - got £136 cash back and 75mb broadband for FREE for 18 months (on top of a total saving of £400+ over the year).

To get the best deal you HAVE to move each year in my opinion.

If, like me, you want BT Sport it's a good idea to haggle with BT, as you can get it for free with basic TV or for £3/mth.

However, the SSE deal is excellent, especially with the £136 cashback (presumably through TopCashBack). It would work out cheaper for me even if I pay the full £21.99/mth to get BT Sport on Sky! However, I notice that they charge £3.50 for caller display, which is free on BT, but even with that added I'd still save money compared to BT.

I haven't re-signed up with BT yet, as I'm waiting for my line rental in advance to get closer to it's expiry date, so I think I might switch too. I see the offer's on till November 2016. Hope the TopCashBack deal stays there till I switch! :rotfl:
  • OldDIYer
    Options
    if you clicked through TopCashBack you would have got £60 cash back as well!!

Next time :beer::beer:

I think the £136 is through TopCashBack.
  • Mr_LochNess
    Options
    Got the letter about the BT price hike in July. Took 20 minutes but they discounted me back to price I was paying two years ago so I'm saving over £50 per year. They also offered to waive CLI charge but I don't want that anyway. Result!
  • airforce
    Options
    I been offered the following deal £18/mth plus line rental for 24 mth contract BT Infinity 1 unlimited upto 52mb
    Any opinions on this deal?
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    I have been offered Infinity 1unlimited at £14 pm 12 month contract .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback