Underpaid at work, through agency.

Right im currently employed through an agency, but the job is a permanent one, so because of this after 12 weeks at that job i am entitled too the same pay as if i was employed directly, But when i got paid on Friday, it was for weeks 12 and 13 which means i should have got one week at the lower rate and one at the higher normal rate, but instead i got it all at the lower rate, i have emailed them on Friday but have yet to receive a reply, i need some advice on what to do next as i don't want to be out of pocket especially as by law i should be entitled to the money as i worked for it.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Ryan

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Right im currently employed through an agency, but the job is a permanent one, so because of this after 12 weeks at that job i am entitled too the same pay as if i was employed directly, But when i got paid on Friday, it was for weeks 12 and 13 which means i should have got one week at the lower rate and one at the higher normal rate, but instead i got it all at the lower rate, i have emailed them on Friday but have yet to receive a reply, i need some advice on what to do next as i don't want to be out of pocket especially as by law i should be entitled to the money as i worked for it.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Ryan

Hi

Please follow the link below to the section on adviceguide which explains the rights that Agency Workers have :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_rights_at_work_e/work_agency_workers_e/agency_workers___what_you_need_to_know.htm

If you have signed a Pay between Assigments contract you might not have the right to be paid at the higher rate. In any event you have done the right thing and raised the issue informally with them. If the issue remains unresolved you would need to look at putting in a more formal grievance which is also explained in the section on Agency Workers. Your local CAB can also help you with resolving this issue. If you go to see them you need to take your contract with you.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure