Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• KTaneva wrote: »
    Nw you mean NatWest or NationWide ?

I went with my amazing broker . He is such a star. Called him 100 times every day and he's still calm and informative .
    Love him.

Nationwide.
    Yes, solicitors and brokers should be paid more and EAs less. ;)
  • Hello :)
    Just submitted our application to Barclays via broker yesterday.
    Heard nothing back as yet except that we have to go in branch and get them to 'certify' various documents. Don't know if that's normal.
    Can we assume for now that we have passed on the basis of affordability and stress testing etc. as the initial AIP came back approved?
  • Hello :)
    Just submitted our application to Barclays via broker yesterday.
    Heard nothing back as yet except that we have to go in branch and get them to 'certify' various documents. Don't know if that's normal.
    Can we assume for now that we have passed on the basis of affordability and stress testing etc. as the initial AIP came back approved?

No the AIP is just a soft search. The underwriters will look into your application in more detail for stress testing, affordability etc so just a waiting game now
    Good luck!
  • Pardon me if this is the wrong thread to ask this.
    Do lenders generally have the same requirements for new mortgages as they do for a remortgage? ie will they check affordability again? So one will need to show expenses, wages etc?
  • Just heard this morning Barclays are now about to arrange the valuation.
    Does this mean we have passed the affordability checks etc? Surely they wouldn't arrange a valuation if it was going to fail on affordability?
    If anyone has any experience please help and put my mind at ease.
    Just so worried something gonna go wrong.
  • Just heard this morning Barclays are now about to arrange the valuation.
    Does this mean we have passed the affordability checks etc? Surely they wouldn't arrange a valuation if it was going to fail on affordability?
    If anyone has any experience please help and put my mind at ease.
    Just so worried something gonna go wrong.

I'm in a similar position. Valuation is tomorrow and the application is with the underwriter. Depends who you a speak to regarding the valuation. Seems most people say it's neither good or bad, just part of the process.

The sales office (buying a new build) asked me if I was paying the valuation fee, which I'm not and they said that was a good sign as banks aren't in the business of wasting cash (allegedly). Personally I'm not looking into anything till the offer falls through the door.
  • Text from Santander this morning to say mortgage approved. I can't believe it!! :j:j:j

So timeline has been
    02/03 house viewed
    03/03 offer put in and accepted
    08/03 mortgage application submitted via broker
    14/03 mortgage valuation
    15/03 Santander requesting extra documents
    20/03 mortgage approved. Offer in post

good luck everyone still waiting to hear! :)
  • Rosy_Apple
    Rosy_Apple Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Text from Santander this morning to say mortgage approved. I can't believe it!! :j:j:j

So timeline has been
    02/03 house viewed
    03/03 offer put in and accepted
    08/03 mortgage application submitted via broker
    14/03 mortgage valuation
    15/03 Santander requesting extra documents
    20/03 mortgage approved. Offer in post

good luck everyone still waiting to hear! :)

Congratulations! :j
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Futuristic wrote: »
    MA submitted to Natwest today and valuation fee taken, I have complex self employed accounts so here hoping all goes well.

NW asked for one more piece of information and also then instructed valuation for Thursday. Broker said once they review the extra document we should hopefully have offer subject to valuation before Thursday. Hoping tomorrow :think:
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Eek finally can join this thread as Mortgage app went in today.
    15/3 Offer accepted on house
    20/3 AIP gone through and full application submitted.

I'm so nervous! We are FTBs so it is a lot to take in in such a short space of time!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback