Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Comments

• Read the Capital One thread and you'll find most people turned down the initial offer and got a refund of their full claim...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=424509&page=42
  • Dear Friends
    I had credit cards and would like to claim but I paid my account off and cut up my cards and no longer have any account numbers
    Help what can i do I know they owe me charges
    Also whom do you right to and what address do you use for each bank
    Thank you
  • If you are claiming on a closed account and don't remember the account number you need to send the bank any relevant addresses, name and current address and your date of birth and they should be able to trace your account.

As regards accounts that may have been partially settled then yes you can claim the charges but any monies refunded will be put towards any debt held by the bank and the account will be re-opened for this to happen.

As above for closed accounts and if you check the Reclaim Help Thread which is linked in my signature you'll find the addresses for the main banks and credit cards or if you Google you'll find an address for your particular card.
  • i dont suppose you can claim charges if you have ended up doing an IVA for all your creditors??????
  • k1mmie
    k1mmie Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Re-reading Martin's article is not going to help this decision, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has/has not taken this further with Capital One.[/quote]

This is Crap1's standard letter - offering the difference between £12 and £20. As this letter usually states that this is their final offer you are now free to take either the court route or the FO. Obviously the court is probably quicker but you have to pay out first. Whereas the FO is free but takes longer. Approx 3 months for me. Decide which route is best for you - either way they pay up. I got an offer of 90% through the FO, however going the court route will get you additional interest and fees reimbursed. Depends on your circumstances.

All the best.
  • MBNA CC's have credited our accounts with "a goodwill payment" about a 1/4 of what we asked for.

How do I change martins CC letter for stage 4 (LBA), so it basically says thanks for your part payment but I still would like the rest ?

I've looked on the bank reclaiming and all I understand is its very important to get the wording right, and not what I need to add to the original template.
    thanks
    Mr & Mrs Hampsterpoo
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • Hi

Can I reclaim nasty store card charges in the same way?

Thanks x

:rudolf: :idea: :think: :doh: :undecided
  • jma39
    jma39 Posts: 6 Forumite
    wonder if someone could help please,
    i have gone through mcol to claim credit card charges , today have recieved a payment for the difference between the £12 and £20 charges and they say that they will now defend the remainder of the claim , so the question is do i have to send them or mcol any letters now or do i just leave things now and let the mcol case continue.

many thanks
  • durian
    durian Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi

This is my first post. I just want to know if anybody has successfully claimed late penalty charges for GBP12. I know it is still deemed unfair and unlawful but if there is any success, I would appreciate to have a copy of the letter to start my "hunt".

Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure