Reclaiming PPI from Lloyds

Options
Garrlor
Garrlor Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 10 September 2017 at 10:31PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck claiming multiple sets of PPI a number of years apart from the same bank?

I ask as Lloyds paid out for a loan in 2013 which they approached me about, but never mentioned my credit card which I have recently claimed against.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There was never a problem complaining about multiple PPI policies sold by the same provider.

Just don't automatically expect the same result for each..
  • Garrlor
    Options
    Cheers Moneyineptitude.

I am fairly sure that mine is a tight case, as I am in the military and have never ever had need of PPI, due to a very comprehensive range of medical, redundancy and pension benefits. Plus a 22 year career to boot.

The main reason I am asking, is that I recieved a contact letter from Lloyds in 2013 explaining that they had potentially missold me PPI on a loan and that I should respond if I agreed. I sent in all the details in the questionaire, and they paid out as being in the military and having full pay regardless of sickness or health + termination benefits if required to leave the service early meant I was paying for a worthless product. Lloyds paid out fairly promptly, which was nice!

I was paying PPI on my credit card at the time, and I was under the impression that it was mandatory for me to pay this. It was intimated as much during my application that it was different to loans, and that I had to have it as part of my credit card. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and a chat with a colleague led me to the conclusion that my PPI on my credit card wasn't mandatory (he had been told the same thing, different bank) and he had made a successful claim. Lo and behold, it was indeed not mandatory and I believe I have been mis-sold it as being told its mandatory and also due to my circumstances with my job.

So claim has gone in, all well and good. My concern is the time between the claims, and as Lloyds sent me a contact letter regarding the loan in 2013 and any potential 3 year cut off for PPI claims. Now, the letter made no mention of the credit card, just the one specific loan. So from what little I have read of the situation, it sounds like they would have no reason to give me a cut off for this PPI claim as it is unrealated to the initial contact letter but I wanted to get the opinion of people who may have been through something similar.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Garrlor wrote: »
    So claim has gone in, all well and good. My concern is the time between the claims, and as Lloyds sent me a contact letter regarding the loan in 2013 and any potential 3 year cut off for PPI claims. Now, the letter made no mention of the credit card, just the one specific loan. So from what little I have read of the situation, it sounds like they would have no reason to give me a cut off for this PPI claim as it is unrealated to the initial contact letter but I wanted to get the opinion of people who may have been through something similar.
    They could time-bar you from further complaint on the basis that you complained about other PPI in 2013. However, you'll have to wait to hear what they say as no one here can predict the outcome...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just make your complaint. If you were in the military, you shouldn't have had it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure