Deceased relative

My second cousin died recently, leaving me to administer his estate. He lived for many years as a recluse, and died intestate. He apparently carried out all his financial needs either by direct debit, cheque or cash. Although he had a Natwest credit card, it had not been used for many years.Despite this Natwest sold him a PPI policy and until his death were renewing it annually.
Can any members advice how we should start any mis-selling claim on his behalf ( or as it is now, on behalf of his estate )

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    PPI does not renew annually, it's paid every month on an outstanding balance.

CPP is charged annually, and you have missed the boat for reclaiming that.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Despite this Natwest sold him a PPI policy and until his death were renewing it annually.

What type of PPI was it?

PPI generally does not renew. It is pay as you go. However, with standalone regular premium plans, they do issue an annual benefit statement to remind people what they are paying for and it lets them know they can cancel it. It is one of a number of reasons why that type of PPI has so low complaint stats and why that type is still sold today.
    Can any members advice how we should start any mis-selling claim on his behalf ( or as it is now, on behalf of his estate )

How was it missold?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure