Volunteer needed ( no longer needed )

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I can probably do the advents again if no-body else wants to do it :)

Thank you :) You did a wonderful job last year!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    BlueBella wrote: »
    Thank you :) You did a wonderful job last year!

Thought I did it last year?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5549865
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    toniq wrote: »

You most certainly did and a mighty fine job you did too.

sleepjones did 2015

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5346416&highlight=advent+2015
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,286 Forumite
    You most certainly did and a mighty fine job you did too.

sleepjones did 2015

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5346416&highlight=advent+2015

surprising how time flies, I did it a few years ago probably longer than I remember.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • JamboDP
    JamboDP Posts: 41,286 Forumite
    Great we have a volunteer for the Advents but this is about a volunteer for the Mags.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    bah-humbug :)
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    toniq wrote: »

Oh yes so you did - sorry - Toniq, you did a great job last year! I also remember sleepyjones doing it one year...scary how fast the years are going by now! :eek:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,837 Forumite
    ETA : the main board posters and i are working on ways to ensure that the thread continues in some form if noone comes forward

A volunteer is needed to take over the Mag Dailies thread which is in the Regular competitions section.
    I have been keeping the list up to date since the beginning of April. At that time no-one volunteered to take it over and I said I would do it through the summer for 6 months
    From the end of September until the beginning of March I am overseas and out of comping for a lot of the time and will be unable to keep the list up to date.

There has been plenty of discussion about the Mag Dailies thread as it does involve time and effort in its current form. It is quite a commitment.

It seems to me there are 3 options:

1. Continue as it is at present with one person volunteering to keep the list up to date

2. Split the ( increasing ) number of magazines between 2 people to reduce the work load and run it as 2 threads - this is dependent on 2 people stepping forward

3. In the event that no-one volunteers then the list will become a link to each magazines main comp page only. I will still keep an eye on it but the links to individual comps and their answers will wind down. Hopefully the fantastic work posting the comps and answers on the main board, which is done at the moment by fire**fly, jamboDP, and xLuckyxAshxWinsx, will continue. (My special thanks to them :))

If anyone has any other suggestions then please speak up.

If anyone is interested in volunteering Im happy to answer any questions about what is involved
    I will bump this post occasionally so that more people get to see it.
    Thanks BluLu

The problem is that there are now 21 magazines ( and counting) some of which can have as many as 30+ competitions at any one time. You are right in that some of the mags (6) are running identical competitions though there are sometimes variations in the Q&A's and the end times and even those mags occasionally run their own comps.

Also these are not 'once only' entry as the TAB and Puzzler comps - some people enter every day so unless they do their own bookmarks it would mean continually going back through many pages for the live links and answers.

I cant get my head around how it would work running it like the TAB and Puzzler threads maybe someone else can think it through.
    If someone wants to try then that would be fine too.

At the moment there have been 2 comments saying people might be interested but no-one has PM'd me.

Please look at the thread to see the amount of time involved and look at previous discussions if you can find them. I dont want to put anyone off but you do need to know what is involved
    :)

any updates on anyone pm'ing you bees**knees for running the thread ?
    if not I think your suggestion here would maybe be the best option.

3. In the event that no-one volunteers then the list will become a link to each magazines main comp page only. I will still keep an eye on it but the links to individual comps and their answers will wind down.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• bees**knees
    bees**knees Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you fire**fly - I have not had anyone pm me.

Will leave it another few days and then make a start on a new thread which will no longer have links and answers to all the mag comps but will just contain links to each magazines main comp page.

I am hoping that you and the other 2 main board posters will continue to link the individual comps to the end of the thread so we have them all in one place.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I keep my own bookmarks (in Firefox) of the mag dailies I want to enter, sorry I can't help.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure