The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.
We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Volunteer needed ( no longer needed )

Comments

• Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In all honesty I think if the people who use it want it they should maybe take it on themselves?

I'm doing what I can posting etc but have had to cut back, I tend to bookmark the dailies I want to enter.

If no-one offers I suggest leaving it and yes I agree with the take take take comment as well hence the first sentence :)
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ( bumping post)

No volunteers yet
    I can do it ...I think....?!
    If people who post the comps are happy to send me a pm with a link to their post on the main page

Thanks for volunteering Iwanna xx

:T:T:T :money::money::money::money:
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,823
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I might be able to help, but I've only been comping since the end of June (have won twice on mag dailies, so don't want them to disappear!) and my work (self-employed) is quiet over the summer. I'm not sure how comping will be affected once work ramps up, but come the end of the month I might be able to take on say 1/3 of the magazines to help Iwanna.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,608
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A suggestion: why not run the Mag Dailies in the same way as the Take a Break and Puzzler thread? Each magazine would have a volunteer who would keep the thread updated with new prizes from the magazine/s they have taken on. In that way people could volunteer to do smaller amounts, and it should be easier to find replacement volunteers when needed. It would mean separate posts for the prizes that are spread over several magazines, but I can't see that being too much hassle for those posting, or for those using the thread. Overall, I expect it would be less work for posters, and just as easy to find the comps as it is with the Take a Break/Puzzler comps.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    We'd better ask for volunteers to take on this year's Advents soon! Last year no one agreed to take them on until the very last minute! EEK! Animated_Xmas-tree-animation.gif
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • bees**knees
    bees**knees Posts: 2,167
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks BluLu

The problem is that there are now 21 magazines ( and counting) some of which can have as many as 30+ competitions at any one time. You are right in that some of the mags (6) are running identical competitions though there are sometimes variations in the Q&A's and the end times and even those mags occasionally run their own comps.

Also these are not 'once only' entry as the TAB and Puzzler comps - some people enter every day so unless they do their own bookmarks it would mean continually going back through many pages for the live links and answers.

I cant get my head around how it would work running it like the TAB and Puzzler threads maybe someone else can think it through.
    If someone wants to try then that would be fine too.

At the moment there have been 2 comments saying people might be interested but no-one has PM'd me.

Please look at the thread to see the amount of time involved and look at previous discussions if you can find them. I dont want to put anyone off but you do need to know what is involved
    :)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,880
    Forumite
    BlueBella wrote: »
    We'd better ask for volunteers to take on this year's Advents soon! Last year no one agreed to take them on until the very last minute! EEK! Animated_Xmas-tree-animation.gif

Just in case you haven't already entered

Win our new ADVENT CALENDAR WINE RACK.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5705644
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    Forumite
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Just in case you haven't already entered

Win our new ADVENT CALENDAR WINE RACK.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5705644[/QUOTE

I've entered that one! :xmastree::xmassmile:xmassign:
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 5 September 2017 at 6:27PM
    I can probably do the advents again if no-body else wants to do it :)
  • Ganador
    Ganador Posts: 102
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I wouldn't be able to commit to to maintaining a thread, but I do try to do the Mag Dailies daily, so maybe I can comment?
    I use the thread to click through to each site and then use the Prize Draws link, or All Competitions link on the site to bring up all the comps, then from that page open each one I want to enter in a new tab. I then go along entering each one, leaving the video to play while I go on to the next one - by the time I get to the end the first videos have usually finished and I go back along closing the tabs.
    If there's a new comp and the answer isn't contained in the text it's easy enough to google it or check the main board!
    I think that just a link to the magazine main competition pages, just like the C2W sites would be more than sufficient for anyones needs.
    Many thanks to all those who do/have maintained such threads.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure