The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I made chicken curry and rice. That'll do me for a few days. You are welcome any time. Do you ever come down this way? Hols are best for me and you are welcome.

I have decided not to buy the foundation after all. But, (yikes) I have made a bid of 0.99 for a cute shirt though. We shall see. If I win I will have to pay £2.99 postage. I will try to bid on red shoes later in the week.

I am going to bed and will be up at 4 to prep for meeting tomorrow. All lessons are prepared it has taken all day!!!!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'll let you know if I'm in your area :) Don't think I've visited where you are before :think:
    Goodnight and sleep well smiley-sleepy-bedtime-good-night.gif
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 October 2015 at 9:16PM
    It would be great if you did. yay. :)

I bid on the shirt but only 0.99, someone outbid me and I stayed firm and did not rebid. I really do have too many clothes. I shouldn't have bid at all this weekend and I am glad someone else purchased the item. Thank goodness for the bidding system it saved me wasting almost a fiver.

So a NSweeknd for me not thanks to me but thanks to the other bidder. Hurrah!!!!! :D

Note to self: I must develop some self discipline. Now off to sleepski. goodnight.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 October 2015 at 5:23PM
    Remember I saw those lovely shoes on fleabay that would be ideal for work? Well, reality has dawned, I only have £115 in my account for food & union fees and another £50 cash for everyday to last for the next 26 days. I have put £150 into my Christmas fund and I am not touching that. Realistically I have to face the fact I cannot afford to buy any luxuries this month let alone shoes when I have quite a few pairs that I barely use already.:o

Old me would have charged my credit card and made a bid. This is the new me. It's a bit grim finding out how cash poor one is.:eek: My credit card was high because of the summer spending on clothes (fleabay) and paying off my insurance in one hit. From now on my maximum credit card bill will be about £60. But for this month I am not putting any more on it.

Realistically I hate clutter I don't need anything anyway. I have everything I want materially...well maybe. Ok apart from a new kitchen, hot tub, new bathroom, landscaped garden..... Ok so a person can dream;)

Onwards and Upwards. Today is a NSD. 5 in a row so far. Another two paydays till Christmas. I will spend then. I will watch telly and clean and chat to friends for the rest of the month.:D
  • savingwannabe
    I have another 25months or just over two years to save for a kitchen. OMG. It is going to take ages.

How do people stay so motivated? Does anyone know what I can do to keep focussed?
  • savingwannabe
    edited 10 October 2015 at 7:49PM
    Steve, Andy and Susan came round for supper last night. Lovely night. But spent today recovering and tidying. House is nearly tidy now and will work tomorrow. Today has been a NSD, hooray.

I have £40 cash to my name and 100 in emergency in bank. I aim to live off £40 for the next few weeks. Am doing ok so far. Wish i had something left to fleabay to bring in more money though.

I have been resting for part of the day and watched some property programmes. So many houses about million pound houses. Fun to watch though. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 October 2015 at 8:19PM
    Another weekend over, and the fabulous weather (bright and breezy) was ideal for drying clothes. All my work is done. It has been a NS Weekend.Yay. Let's hope I don't fall off the wagon tomorrow as it is a loooong day.

Three weeks till payday and two weeks till my next holiday. Why is it that it takes a month to earn a wage packet and 2/3rds of it is spent on bills in the first two days of the month? lol.

I am getting excited about Christmas (on the cheap!!!!lol), spring (buying new plants) and next summer (working in the garden). The gang are planning a trip to the north of England or Scotland.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 October 2015 at 5:52PM
    Things are looking grim at work. Fingers crossed that I will still have a job. Even if I do it will be at a reduced salary. We are aware that this will happen but not when.

I am going to have to really cut back. Yikes. No more cinema or meals out or fleabay shopping. Every penny will count. To be honest I do have everything I need. So I should focus on not spending. I have TV's to watch and that is plenty. I don't need to go out.

Grocery shopping this week cost £24.00.

I am going to investigate Swagbucks at the weekend when I have more time. It has been recommended by Lala. I hope it will help me for next Christmas.
  • Hello :hello:

Sorry to hear about work :kisses3:

You're certainly in the right place to find out everything you could ever need to know about saving money or earning a bit extra and so on.
    Staying motivated? It's difficult so I'm not sure I'm the best person to help. I am too impatient with everything :o
  • savingwannabe
    HSBC accidentally charged me £10 for being overdrawn last month (for one day) this was caused by fleabay charging my debit account instead of my credit card. I rang hsbc last month and they said they wouldn't charge me. Well they did today and I rang them and they have waived the charge. I am so grateful. Banks do have a heart. Hooray for some humanity!!!!

WELL done HSBC I feel so much better. :)

I am still waiting to see what will happen to my salary. Some people have heard about job losses already.:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure