Advice on LLoyds TSB Bank Charges

Just a quick question to people who have claimed back bank charges on LLoyds TSB.... we are about to submit our first bank charges letter.

The below are what we have been charged against with the descriptions as they are on the statements over the past 6 years and was wondering what we can actually include on the claim:

My instinct tells me to submit and include all of the below but wanted advice...

O/D USAGE FEE £420.00
O/DRAFT INTEREST £1,304.84
RETURNED D/D £230.00
RETURNED S/O £10.00
UNPLANNED O/D FEES £505.00

Much appreciated in advance.
Neemi

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I would suggest the first thing to do is understand which bank, you bank with.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Are you in current financial hardship and still with the same bank eg Lloyds or TSB? If so you should ask the bank whether they can help you in relation to your current situation.

I'm guessing most of the charges you listed are historic so I'm afraid you are not going to get very far with them unless the charges were incorrectly levied.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just a quick question to people who have claimed back bank charges on LLoyds TSB

Lloyds TSB no longer exists. So, which bank is it that you are referring to?
    The below are what we have been charged with the descriptions as they are on the statements over the past 6 years and was wondering what we can actually include on the claim:

None of them. The banks won the court case back in 2009. Since then they no longer refund charges unless part of a goodwill gesture to help those in current financial hardship. In those cases, its typically less that 6-12 months that they go back over. Although in extreme cases of hardship, they will go back further.

And for the record, interest was never reclaimable. Even in the days when you could get your charges back.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Neemi wrote: »
    Just a quick question to people who have claimed back bank charges on LLoyds TSB.... we are about to submit our first bank charges letter.

The below are what we have been charged against with the descriptions as they are on the statements over the past 6 years and was wondering what we can actually include on the claim:

My instinct tells me to submit and include all of the below but wanted advice...

O/D USAGE FEE £420.00
    O/DRAFT INTEREST £1,304.84
    RETURNED D/D £230.00
    RETURNED S/O £10.00
    UNPLANNED O/D FEES £505.00

Much appreciated in advance.
    Neemi
    I'd understand better if you could explain why you think these charges can be reclaimed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure