PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would be a strange delaying tactic, as it won't change the outcome but would cost them more.
  • vicks276
    vicks276 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    True, I didn't think of that. When I sent the letters I also sent the a completed FOS questionnaire with all my details, account numbers and previous address on them. Person who emailed me didn't divulge much, I guess i'll have to wait for the letter and see!
    :heart2: Stuff & Thangs :heart2:
  • miguelelrojo
    Options
    I have had an offer from Lloyds on PPI that goes back to 1992, the end of their records. My interest is also from 1987 to 1992, Lloyds have told the FOS that they did not sell PPI prior to 1992, but will not go public. How do I check this?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How do I check this?
    You can't "check"it unless you have documentary evidence of earlier PPI from your own records..
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had an offer from Lloyds on PPI that goes back to 1992, the end of their records. My interest is also from 1987 to 1992, Lloyds have told the FOS that they did not sell PPI prior to 1992, but will not go public. How do I check this?

Lloyds or TSB? Lloyds did retail PPI prior to 1992. However, TSB didnt.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Agnes_bulman
    Options
    I have an issue with Bank Smart, they are charging me over £2000 in fees for PPI claims for their admin time. They have not got one single penny from any institution and now they want me to pay these fees. What can I do? HAs anyone else had these issues?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have an issue with Bank Smart, they are charging me over £2000 in fees for PPI claims for their admin time. They have not got one single penny from any institution and now they want me to pay these fees. What can I do? HAs anyone else had these issues?

What does your contract say with them in respect of their charges?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • angie99
    angie99 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 October 2016 at 2:22PM
    Options
    Please can anyone give me advice I applied with Martins template form for my PPI but was refused on the grounds a 3rd party (a financial advisor) helped me apply for my mortgage loan, should I dispute the refusal I am gutted to be honest thank you all in advance angie x
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    angie99 wrote: »
    Please can anyone give me advice I applied with Martins template form for my PPI but was refused on the grounds a 3rd party (a financial advisor) helped me apply for my mortgage loan, should I dispute the refusal I am gutted to be honest thank you all in advance angie x 07761863238

You have to complain to whoever SOLD it (hence miss-sale) not the bank / provider unless the person who sold it worked for them. If the provider didn't sell you anything then they were correct to refuse your complaint. In which case you go to the broker to complain.

MPPI is a useful product that will help save your home if you lose your job or become ill and unable to work, why do you believe it was miss-sold?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    angie99 wrote: »
    thank you all in advance angie
    That mobile phone number is going to bring you no end of spam. Remove it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback