IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

nameing a driver

Options

Comments

• crazynana
    Options
    update rang the court to make sure they have my forms back they said no so did it on line then I receive papers back saying I had not signed so signed them and sent them back can not get back into the online mcol so hope these papers get there also got a letter telling me I will be getting a county court judgment have already got it but they have changed they fees it is now amount claimed £172.court £25,00.legal fess£50.00 interest 18.38
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What papers? I thought you had merely acknowledged, not defended it yet? You have not shown us your draft defence so I hope you've ONLY done the acknowledgement of service, nothing else?

Not randomly filled in forms about your income/outgoings, not written anything in the defence box?

You didn't defend just with this did you:
    have been online that I want to defend it I can prove that I was not the driver as I was 300 miles away.
    Please tell us that's not the sum total of your defence?

also got a letter telling me I will be getting a county court judgment have already got it but they have changed they fees it is now amount claimed £172.court £25,00.legal fess£50.00 interest 18.38
    What do you mean?

Please show us that letter. Take a scan or photo and host it in tinypic or in Dropbox or something, and then CHANGE the 'http' to 'hxxp'.

Repeat, change the http to hxxp in your link to your letter, we want to see it, don't reply saying you can't add a link...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • crazynana
    crazynana Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just a update the court has sent me a letter with case discontinue does this mean case closed
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    crazynana wrote: »
    just a update the court has sent me a letter with case discontinue does this mean case closed

Woohoo! YES!

What happened in between?

Well done! :T
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Is the letter actually from the court? (Some parking companies are known to tell the defendant that a claim has been cancelled, but it actually hasn't. They turn up, the defendant doesn't and they get a default win).
  • crazynana
    Options
    well spent a lot of time on this site and filled in all the forms like the directions questionnaire I did phone them but they would not listen to me so I just carried on with my defence which was just I was not the driver I was elsewhere with proof I could not comment on any thing else has I had never been in the place they said the offence took place they still contined with the claim and it was allocated to my local court for march I sent all my forms back to my court a week early and theirs I had not received anything form them so I put a letter in for the judge to read then a week before case got the letters of discontinue was going to phone the court but you have answer my question thankyou
  • crazynana
    Options
    yes letter from court and bw
  • crazynana
    Options
    do you think I should ring the court just to make sure
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    do you think I should ring the court just to make sure

Yes, it will put your mind at rest.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    well spent a lot of time on this site and filled in all the forms like the directions questionnaire I did phone them but they would not listen to me so I just carried on with my defence which was just I was not the driver I was elsewhere with proof I could not comment on any thing else has I had never been in the place they said the offence took place

they still continued with the claim and it was allocated to my local court for march

I sent all my forms back to my court a week early and theirs I had not received anything from them so I put a letter in for the judge to read then a week before case got the letters of discontinue was going to phone the court but you have answer my question thankyou

Fantastic, perfect tactics. :T
    the company is excel along with bw legal

Well done, with forum help a consumer beat them again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure