PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 14 March 2017

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

Not so sunny here today but not raining and a good breeze, I have a load of heavy washing on the go which I will hang out after it should dry well today.

I cleaned my car out yesterday and fitted the boot liner and car mats which I hope will save a bit of the mud going in, the boot is massive you could very easily get a body in there :cool: :rotfl:I also washed the outside so its all clean again for a while ( till I go back in the muddy car park at work )

Today I am going to hoover and mop the floors, take Evie out a long walk and then do an online shop, some kind of pasta dish for dinner will go and look in the freezer / cupboard after this.

Have good days all xx

Hugs to Tired mum xx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Meant to be a glorious day down here today. Off with some friends to see exhibition at Turner Contemporary in Margate, just along the coast from me. Maybe lunch out too.

WI tonight, that I've recently started attending, friendly bunch of ladies.

Having day off from all sorts of gardening, housework and allotmenting😀

Have a good day everyone
    Carolbee
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning
    I have been very busy this morning, well busy for me but probably nowhere near some of you.:rotfl:
    One lot of washing on the line but the sun has disappeared :( It's quite mild so we will see if it dries.
    Bed stripped and bedding whirling around in the WM as we speak, I hope I can also get that on the line but the sky looks decidedly grey.
    I have put back all the stuff that DD took out of the cupboard of doom. In all fairness she tried to do it but it's like playing Tetris and will only fit in a certain way. I wish we didn't hoard so many things but she was looking for some of my books to give to DGD saved from when I was about 5 years old.
    Well that's coffee time over so back to it. Cleaning the bedroom and remaking the bed next. Would also like to clean the outside of the windows this afternoon but will have to keep an eye on the weather.
    Have a good Tuesday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Certainly a glorious day here. Just sitting having my picnic - very MSE. Everyone else is spending a fortune on coffee, pastries and lunches. I brought my own/am making them from breakfast bits.

Was going Nordic walking today but it's not running (or walking rather). So I'm having a sun tan afternoon with a book I think. I don't feel like skiing and deliberately didn't get a full weeks pass for that very reason.

Speky good about the drive bus. Where is the flat?
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Afternoon ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) if you need one.

Towels washed and on the line before breakfast. We nipped off to Bingham to put the books into the library, then we nt on to Aldi for fresh fruit and veg.

We are waiting for workmen to come to the front door, the handle is getting difficult to push down to open the door, we also need the guttering at the back looking at, its leaking when it rains.

OH will be going for his siesta, I could go with one too, he had a coughing fit last night, 25 minutes.....aarrgghhhh.....and they say there is nothing wrong with his swallow. They do not have to sit and listen to him trying to draw breath. Needless to say I did not sleep too well. Hey Ho!!

I have ironed yesterdays laundry, its airing just now.

Sausage mash and veg for supper tonight.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon everybody,hope you are all well.The weather has cleared just now from being drizzly and grey to blue skies but rather windy.Might see if I can persuade DGS to the park later .We're just having our dinner(lunch).I am having goan spiced chicken soup which DH picked up a week ago because he fancied it and its languished in the fridge for over a week and is about to go out of date :mad:

We are having a few days away on Friday in Wales,looking forward to a break.Its for a friends 60th,she's rented a big house so its a diverse group,some are hill walkers and very fit,others inc me & DH not,so we're all doing our own thing during the day and getting together in the evenings.DS1 is in charge of Ly1a,hope she'll be ok,she's not been brilliant this last couple of weeks,a knee problem that needs further investigation :eek:and possible allergic reaction to the medicine the vet gave her for it but he doesnt think so.We have to have a think whether shes come into contact with anything new,her eyes are inflamed and shes chewing her paws poor thing so shes on pills for that now :eek:Hope its a one off as it was nearly £100 yesterday,£60 last time and we go again next week.We can claim some of it back as shes insured thank goodness,she needs to be being such a big dog ;)

Right DGS has found his spade so looks like we're off :D
    Enjoy your day :) xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Speky good about the drive bus. Where is the flat?

The flat is in Airdrie. Should I decide not to go for this one for whatever reason, then I'll explore Glasgow city centre. Trying to remain hopefully for the time being.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon - it's very blustery here so I took a chance and stripped the bed linen, stuck it all in the WM and it's now out on the line. There's rain threatened so I keep looking out. The sheet and pillow cases are dry so they're indoors now on the airer, the duvet cover is the thick flannelette one so it's taking a bit more time but I can't keep it hanging down. The wind is so strong it keeps getting blown over the top and tangling up - I can see me taking it in soon.

The piles of emails have been cleared, some tricky / diplomatic wording needed, BT dealt with (again) and some other work done. Much more productive than yesterday!

FBO - sounds bliss. I'm not a fan of skiing so used to 'fall down' near the bar to sit nursing my 'turned ankle' drinking Snow Bunnies (Tia Maira in hot milk). Still, it's lovely to be with friends and enjoying a break.

More to do... I came here to retire and watch things happen, not be part of the happenings. Maybe Friday I can relax.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    FBO I'm so jealous! I'd have loved to have leaned to ski; no chance of that now, of course. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. :o

Tru if I was anywhere near you, I'd happily come and help; I can still wield a paintbrush; and I bet Scampi and I would get on brilliantly. :o

Mr LW is at the fang farrier as I type; hopefully just a quick inspect and polish up, and no other work. *crosses fingers* I've scheduled pasta in cheese sauce for dins tonight, just in case he needs soft food. :D

I got a free big bottle of washing up liquid in the post today; I have to test it for four weeks and complete an online evaluation. The downside is that I'm supposed to do ALL the washing up myself - me personally - yeah, like that'll fly! We've decided where necessary I'll run the water and put the dose of liquid in, and Mr LW will wash up stuff while I'm cooking, same as usual. Otherwise I'll still be doing washing up at bedtime!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Started to sneeze and cough this morning so decided to have a lie in which would have been fine except neighbour knocked on the door to introduce his gardener. I was in my dressing gown :o

I invited the female gardener in and discussed what needed doing and she will make a start on Friday morning so that is something sorted out.

Middle dd was going to be arriving back from South America tonight and staying over but the blizzard over there has cancelled flights so it looks as if she will be here tomorrow around tea time. Have just ordered a Sainsbug's online shop to arrive tomorrow afternoon so the fridge will be full.

Can't be bothered to do much today so will have to get into gear tomorrow instead and clear, hoover and mop.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business