Dating Advice Required

Hi,
I'm a long term user of the account but setup this profile for some anonymity.

I've recently met a girl and we've got on very well and dates have quickly built up without much effort and we're on four at present and all were quite long with solid but not ott communication in between.

As I've been out of the dating game for quite a few years I feel there is real potential here, what is the norm for things to evolve? I heard all the horror stories but I'm hoping at four dates it's not the norm if there is no interest.

Comments

• What sort of dates? Drinks, meals, quiet walks? What do you have in common? I'd say as long as she laughs at your jokes, appreciates that your music tastes are far superior to hers and she does that "thing" when she plays with her hair whilst you talk about a subject that you are particularly knowledgeable about, but she has absolutely no interest in, then ask her out before someone else does.
    Come on sucker lick my battery
  • Outsider_83
    Outsider_83 Posts: 166 Forumite
    They've been good dates with events, food and some drinks.

Obvioiusly there's been lots of kissing and she likes holding hands when we walk. Things seem good and we have more dates planned.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    They've been good dates with events, food and some drinks.

Obvioiusly there's been lots of kissing and she likes holding hands when we walk. Things seem good and we have more dates planned.

Then sit back, enjoy the present & look forward to what is coming, don't listen to other peoples advice on what to do & when to do it. It sounds like things are progressing mutually at a nice pace.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I don't quite understand what your question is. You've been on a few dates, it's going well - so carry on going on dates.
    What sort of horror stories are you talking about?
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do people do lots of kissing if they aren't interested?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It sounds like things are evolving quite nicely to me. I believe the next stage is for you to buy a ring for her and her to buy a new dress.
  • Outsider_83
    Outsider_83 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Perhaps I'm over analysing things, been out of the dating scene for a long time. I'm probably old fashioned and would not have agreed a second date if I wasn't quite interested at four dates I see real potential.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    If it all goes TU, at least you will always have an "...if only..." to look back on.

Seriously, it sounds like it's happening the right way. Perhaps she likes an old fashioned bloke, just go with the flow and enjoy it.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I believe the dates rules are netflix and chill on the 3rd date, if there is a 4th date then the 3rd date couldn't have gone that bad,

Seriously though, just relax and enjoy, there aren't really any rules just enjoy yourself and do what feels right. After a few weeks if its going well then it might warrant a discussion on being exclusive, but again that is down to both of you, no right answers.
  • Thanks for the advice guys. Things seem to be going well with date five over and more dates planned.

I've been out of the scene so long that I've over-analysed everything. I'm quite old school and if I wasn't interested or didn't see potential I wouldn't have continued after date one or two, however reading up online it looks like a minefield.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure