The Poundworld bargains thread

Comments

• sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got peanut butter oreos from Tesco the other week when all oreos were half price at 54p (ish!) - no way would I have got them at £3 a packet!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    :j The headline in our local paper was that we are finally getting a Poundworld up here in our town (I'm in County Durham, no poundstores in this town!).

Looking forward to reporting on my local bargains when it opens later this month. Yay! :j
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    The roll of 40 "carrier bag" pedal bin liners are excellent, far better quality than normal pedal bin liners.

We now use these instead of carrier bags for rubbish and more than satisfied.

At 2.5p each 50% less than commercial carriers.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2015 at 9:52PM
    Couple of things from Poundworld, Argyle Street, Glasgow.

Lady Gaga BrushBuddies toothbrush (plays either Born This Way or Bad Romance - goes on for quite a while too, which might not be welcome at 5am!) - the "button cell" battery, and brush head, are replaceable apparently. Also Wonder Woman socks adult size 4-8, different styles (exciting if you are a comics geek like me).
    PTgxFyp.jpg?3
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    love the toothbrush!
  • LouLou
    gemlew on HUKD alerted me to these (thanks)..Argyle Street, Glasgow has both now (picked up one of these books a few days ago).

Karl Pilkington hardbacks - "The Further Adventures Of An Idiot Abroad" and "The Moaning Of Life".

18275437.jpg
    51wUDbWj-KL._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Z
  • LouLou
    These have already been mentioned on HUKD - apparently in Adults' and Kids' sizes though I only saw Adults' socks today at Argyle Street, Glasgow. Size UK 6-11. (A few other styles available, a Chewbacca one and another character I don't know the name of).

Also 2 for £1 Sanex Dermo Protector soap bars, 90g.

9y3XVmf.jpg?1
  • Our store has now opened though being busy and the howling hurricanes passing through have kept me away.
    A friend showed me a packet of appetite suppressants they had bought - little thin sheets of some substance or other. Worth a quid if the psychosomatic effect stops you eating a fiver's worth of snacks, I guess.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • LouLou
    (Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundworld) Here's the Chewbacca variety of socks - and Maybelline Pure.BB Mineral Improving BB Base, SPF26.

I mentioned the BB Base on HUKD a few months back, had to hunt for swatches. May be too pale for some, but I really like it. Review (No 10) and swatches here: http://cosmeticmonster.com/2013/11/30/bb-cream-and-cc-cream-review-catalog-cosmetic-monster/
    drugstore-bb-creams.jpg?w=768
    drugstore-bb-cream-swatches.jpg?w=768
    EVgFWu1.jpg?1
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 20 November 2015 at 11:26PM
    I saw bars of Yardley Lavender soap today.

A pack of 2 plastic 1l measuring jugs with red writing- you've no idea how long i've been searching for a decently priced plastic jug with coloured writing! The clear ones are useless especially with hot liquids.

Be warned they are not joined together, one is barcoded and 1 is blank and cashier scanned twice. I had to say several times "If they are £1 each it would not say 2pk on receipt" but I did get a refund and an apology, then another staff member rushed off to check the shelf lol. When I got home I found the insert slip at the bottom of my trolley and sure enough "2 pk".

Also the afore mentioned roll of carrier bag bin liners, Tidy Z brand, in Savers at £0.79.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure