Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What are you struggling with, WaS?

We may be able to help.

I am watching GBBO. I am starving.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • whitewing wrote: »
    I am watching GBBO. I am starving.
    So am I, even though I've eaten already! I want to try almost everything they've made :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello WaS, hello everyone.

Hope millefleur is okay, WaS, and your current struggle is not to do with her.

Should hopefully be another productive day today. Got lots to do, but they are mostly jobs that can be completed this week, rather than dragging on.

Could do with winning the lottery though.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Eugh... am really struggling with the dark mornings already, and it's not even that dark yet! It's dark when I get up but pretty light by the time I actually leave the house. Plus I have a great sunlight alarm clock.... so not sure what the problem is?!
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    WaS, I hope things are a bit better now, here's a baby skunk for you striped-skunk_zpswkfhpfp2.jpg

Tea, I'm the same. I wonder if that's part of my problem with oversleeping at the moment.

I didn't get to watch GBBO last night as I went to the cinema and I'm trying to avoid finding out who left but, seeing as I won't get to watch it tonight either, I know I'll probably cave in about 5 mins and look it up.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 October 2016 at 10:19AM
    Ooh, can you recommend your sunlight alarm clock? I've been looking at them on Amazon but some of the reviews say the bulbs don't last very long so if anyone's got a good one that's not going to die quickly and be expensive to replace can you let me know?
    I really struggle with the dark mornings in the winter. I tend to struggle on till January then it all goes pear-shaped.

I have just signed up for a mystery shop - my very first one and I have to record people so I'm worried I'm going to look ridiculously shifty and uncomfortable and get sussed within about 5 minutes.:rotfl:
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    I absolutely love mine (I bang on about it all the time lol....including on here :D) It was from aldi and was either £25 or £30 (can't remember which, but definitely no more than £30. I've had it for several years and the bulb hasn't been replaced yet.

It has loads of settings (radio, various different coloured lights, 9 different alarm sounds, clock, different time and brightness options for the light, sleep function for use at night, etc).

Really I should make more use of all the fancy things it does! I use it as a bedside light in the evenings, then the alarm light in the morning (it gradually lights up 15 mins before my main alarm goes off). I don't use of any of the alarm sounds, the different coloured lights or the radio.

There's on the aldi website at the moment for £22.99, it's not exactly the same as mine but I'd certainly give it a go.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 October 2016 at 10:53AM
    elsien wrote: »
    Ooh, can you recommend your sunlight alarm clock? I've been looking at them on Amazon but some of the reviews say the bulbs don't last very long so if anyone's got a good one that's not going to die quickly and be expensive to replace can you let me know?
    I really struggle with the dark mornings in the winter. I tend to struggle on till January then it all goes pear-shaped.

I have just signed up for a mystery shop - my very first one and I have to record people so I'm worried I'm going to look ridiculously shifty and uncomfortable and get sussed within about 5 minutes.:rotfl:

I've got a sunrise radio/alarm clock. You can also set it to go to sleep as well as to wake up.

I'll get the name in a bit, as I've just sat down after an incredibly busy morning lugging stuff, and don't want to move.

It uses ordinary small round bulbs, and they seem to last a long time.

It wasn't as cheap as the Aldi one.....can't remember the price as it was a few years ago.

Edit....
    It was an Oregon sunrise lamp, but looking online, it says it's currently unavailable.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Don't forget the clocks change at the end of the month, so the mornings will be lighter again, for a while. I don't like getting up when it's still dark and leaving in the dark as well, I just want to stay in bed :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Don't forget the clocks change at the end of the month, so the mornings will be lighter again, for a while. I don't like getting up when it's still dark and leaving in the dark as well, I just want to stay in bed :rotfl:

I prefer lighter evening to lighter mornings. I actually prefer waking up very early while it's still dark.
    I went next door to feed the cat at 5.30 this morning, and the sky was perfectly clear.There was Orion, right in front of me, with the moon above. I tried to see some Orionids, but the light from the moon and the street lamp probably scotched that idea.
    It was lovely and quiet and still and peaceful. I really like that.

However, when it's dark early in the evening, I just want to go to bed!

I must start putting on my SAD lamp, as I don't want a repeat of the awful depression I had last winter.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure