No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Comments

• UU LUSH Luxury Lush Pud Finally got that bath:T My mum came round last night and brought be a Bomb Cosmetics Deer Me bath bomb. It smells amazing, hope its that good when I use it:)
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • Lou85
    Lou85 Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evilsquid, I'm with you on this one. Too many people get into debt to pay for a wedding they think they should have rather than the one they want. I'd be quite happy if it were just me, my OH, stepdaughter and baby but my OH feels that his family would be gutted. I know they would too but he's been married before and did the big wedding which he's still paying for so I feel that if we were ever to do it, it really should be what we want as it's just one day and it's the marriage that's important, not really the wedding. I've already spoken to my mum about it and to my surprise she was very supportive and said she wouldn't be upset if she wasn't invited...So we'll see. I'm not engaged yet anyway which keeps that pressure away for now :-)

I forgot to mention other INs in my last update:

Tresemme shampoo 1.3l
    Tresemme conditioner 1.3l
    Miscellar wipes - straight in my hospital bag as the wipes I've got have been opened a while and are not very effective anymore

UUs:

2 x Korean sheet mask - definitely not loving these znd will be glad when they're done.
    #27 £2016 in 2016 = £763.61

#42 £2 Savers Club = £160

*Savers Club not included in overall 2016 savings until the tin is opened and my estimates have been confirmed later in the year.
  • While we're on the subject of weddings I have a couple of stories of my own :o

I'm in a relationship, but not engaged or anything yet. My boyfriend and I have spoken a little about the future etc. and he told me he doesn't like churches but he would go into one when it comes to his wedding day. I don't think either of us would want to get into debt with it though.

My brother and his fianc!e did originally have a date for 2018, but they have had to keep pushing it back as my brother is on a low income and his fianc!e is only on benefits.

My parents wedding was very hurried and a bit hush hush. When they first got together it was very Romeo and Juliet and the 2 families didn't see eye to eye. My dad was from a wealthy background and my mum lived on a council estate. My mum got pregnant with my brother and my dad's dad basically said "if anything then, don't let this child be born a b-word" (I won't say it!) and weeks before my brother was born, they were married. It was in a registry office and my mum didn't wear a dress, I think she said she wore a skirt suit or something and there wasn't really much of an after party.
  • I got my shower jelly wrong - I have 93000 I think it's called.

I also appear to have flu and have had to call in sick today which I feel bad about but not as bad as I feel! Taken some tablets so functioning now but I was shaking like a leaf and in more pain than I think I've ever been all through the night and this morning. Yuck!!

I want to go sit in a bath but my flat is a bit rubbish and running a decent bath takes literally an hour as water pressure appears to be so awful it's a trickle. Then the water tends to get cold (immersion heater woes) and I end up to topping up with a kettle. God knows how expensive my baths are!!!
  • A UU for me - L'Occitane Angelica face wash. A year or so ago I found this range (along with the toner and face cream)worked really nicely for my skin but recently it just seemed to make it dry. No idea what's happened to my skin as I thought I'd finally found a product that worked! So for now WNBA :(

A wedding style story from me too - I was finally divorced this year after several miserable years being married to an abusive man. I'd wanted a small, quiet wedding but we ended up with a large, brash affair that I didn't enjoy (and I ended up paying for almost all of it out of my own pocket). The man I'm now dating has been married twice and had equally big wedding days - we've already had the discussion that should we ever get married, it will be a tiny registry office do with just witnesses and our children. I don't think I'd even wear a dress, maybe a nice suit instead.

To each their own but for me a wedding should reflect the couple and be what they want it to be (whatever that is). It's far too easy to get caught up in the industry spin and regret it for years. I've been there!

Hope you feel better soon Houseplant!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got my shower jelly wrong - I have 93000 I think it's called.

I also appear to have flu and have had to call in sick today which I feel bad about but not as bad as I feel! Taken some tablets so functioning now but I was shaking like a leaf and in more pain than I think I've ever been all through the night and this morning. Yuck!!

I want to go sit in a bath but my flat is a bit rubbish and running a decent bath takes literally an hour as water pressure appears to be so awful it's a trickle. Then the water tends to get cold (immersion heater woes) and I end up to topping up with a kettle. God knows how expensive my baths are!!!

Hope you feel better soon Houseplant. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2016 at 9:31PM
    Another IN, hubby brought home his O2 Freebie a cleansing lotion. Had a product recall today from Boots for the Botanics cleansing water, think i have two in stash from a couple of weeks back so will take those back and try and get refund rather than replacements.

Was this the cleansing water from O2 that was recalled? I got that as well, but haven't used it yet.
    I usually like the Botanics range but I did notice the label said you needed to use SPF with it, and while I always do, it made me wonder how often to actually use it.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Yep, that's the one Asset http://www.boots.com/en/Help/Recalls/ I've just got round to checking my batch code and mines not one of them so I won't be returning after all!

Two more UU here:
    Steam Cream
    Skinology Tree facial scrub
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • abbe89
    abbe89 Posts: 289 Forumite
    2 more UUs for me today!

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads - WMBA. They do a good job of clearing my pores, but dry my face out quite a lot - if I get them again in the future I may just reserve them for my T zone

Sensodyne Repair & Protect toothpaste - WDBA. I know Sensodyne is expensive, but I find it does help my super sensitive teeth!
  • Well, yesterday was eventful!

When I got to work, not long before I left the locker room to start this girl fell straight to the ground and had a seizure :(

Then about half way through my shift I served these 2 girls who were basically stealing from the store! :eek:

They had changed the tags on all of the items they were buying so it was all going through at at least half the price it should have been sometimes more! Like, for instance, they had this parka that's supposed to be £25 or something like that, and they had put a tag on it for leggings that made it go through at £5! Once I noticed it happening I just had to be discreet and let it happen as security already had their eye on them and were waiting at the end of the tills to nab them! :rotfl:

Then, about 10 minutes before I finish, a manager comes to me and says "I don't know if anyone's told you but one of the other girls has smashed your locker in trying to get into it thinking it was theirs. I've put your stuff in the cash office to be looked after" I just stood there, shocked, and said "oh right ok, this is the first I've heard of it!" and then the manager was just like "yeah sorry about that" :mad:

So by the time I got home last night I was feeling pretty crappy(got things going on at home too) so I made the bathroom into a little sanctuary and had a(almost) midweek pamper sesh :o

I ran a bath with bubbles(using one of the Avon bubble baths on my UU list), and just chilled out in the bath listening to music for about an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure