What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 24th April

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: did you all have 4 seasons in one day yesterday and the day before :eek: I think that weather may have finally killed off any chance of the seeds germinating. However, that's no excuse for the indoor ones :rotfl:

Only one day to survive until payday and still money (just ;)) in my well budgeted bank :T happy days. I'll sweep that to LPDF tonight if it's still there :D no reason why it shouldn't am working from home but not planning in going anywhere. Unless DH go and get some stuff for curtain rail but that will come out of house fund.

My list for today:
    Check banking - 1poll money arrived - moved out :D
    Check surveys and FPL
    Read martins e mail
    Work from home so all meals from stores
    Out for a walk tonight with friend for free exercise and catch up
    Quick hoover round
    Meal plan for next week and start a shopping list
    Check I've paper or a gift bag for Sundays christening gift
    Take a bag of goodies to friends that I sorted for her little one if I have time

Right, off to get smalls ready and then on with work
  • Morning :) I've woken up feeling really anxious so am thinking I'm going to call in sick and do some work from home. It's a shame as I have 3 appointments but need to look after myself before anyone else...

Given that not sure what small things I'll do but hope to:

* check banking & do money shuffle
    * all meals from stores - portion of lo chilli & rice for my dinner & soup for lunch. Oh has a ys ready meal and some bargain salmon for dinner
    * pot up aubergines, last tom & 2 comfrey plants
    * check on worms
    * repair/take in some clothes ready for our holiday
    * book travel money & ins - must do this today!
    * hopefully get to the lottie for a couple of hours this afternoon
    * check onepoll - have been doing it for the last few days and each day there have been a couple of quid of surveys :)
    * read book/listen to audio book and try to get back on an even keel
    * might have a painting sesh with madam when she comes home tonight if she's in the mood :)

Ok that's all right now x

Perps yep weather has been shocking! I was worried about my plants being out last night as it was so cold at 6 I ran down to the greenhouse and brought everything that is tender in! Even the things that have been out there for a couple of weeks. The plants get more love and attention than oh! :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 April 2017 at 8:54PM
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Dawn, I watch it too, I will keep an eye out, is it dark or light blue?

Dark blue FVD, very tasteful :p
    I haven't watched Eastenders for years, but from what I recall of it, vintage stuff doesn't really feature prominently :rotfl:

Up earlyish, already had breakfast, and have been putting more stuff away that GD had out yesterday, and found the dog's bowl which she had put in her toy box. I thought I had pretty much sorted it all out last night, but it seems not :rotfl:

OH has an old friend visiting today, so has decided to take the 3 of us out for lunch, to the golf club he belongs to. This will make a nice change, and won't be expensive - the food there is really cheap, and he gets an additional discount as a member :) Membership fees, on the other hand....... OH's friend could talk for England on a very limited range of, let us say, niche topics :rotfl:Even OH started to fidget a bit... and he wonders why I don't join his social gatherings more often! Anyway, a day with not much achieved.

Apart from that, today I intend to:
    Dog walks x 2 I did one, OH the other
    Whizz around with the hoover before DH's friend gets here. OH did, while I took the dog out :)
    Cook some stewing beef in the SC, with onions and mushrooms, with a view to making beef and stilton pie for another day :)Didn't get to this
    Pack 2 more ebay items, though probably won't post till tomorrow Done
    List at least 2 new things, relist others that haven't sold Listed 3 :D and relisted unsold items
    Put away all the stuff I hauled out of the old ottoman I gave away the other day, which is currently piled on top of the replacement wooden chest. The chest is a bit smaller than the ottoman was, so spare curtains, throws etc that are used downstairs can be stored in a spare drawer in the lounge. I will sort through this stuff and see if I really need to keep all of it, first! Well, I have it all in the right places now, anyway!
    Go along to sales unit if I get time, to see if any new stock is needed See above (we used to have a really useful roll eyes smilie :rotfl:)
    Check banks Still to do
    Check for surveys Several for onepoll

Check plants outside, we are getting really hard frosts every night, and despite being swathed in fleece, my potato plants are looking the worse for wear :(Watered a few pots of salad leaves, everything needs some milder weather!

OH has gone to a meeting of one of the organisations he belongs to, theTV is off and the dog and I are curled up in front of the wood stove. Bliss!
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I'm having a pretty stressful week with work this week and as soon as the evening time approaches I've been having a glass of wine (or 2!) :( I need to rein this as I regret it in the morning and don't sleep terribly well. In fact my sleep is poor all the time anyway :(

Well today is definitely not going to be a NSD, in fact it's going to be quite expensive. I've got to renew the car tax today. I placed a click and collect order on Tescos last night so have to go and collect that but also pop into Sainsbury's to get the bits I couldn't get in Tescos. I also need to go to Costco and return some ziplock bags I bought in the wrong size and pick up some bulk items from there.

Had my eye on a Oasis top in the House of Fraser 30% off event sale but I just keep thinking is £30 too much even with the discount? This month is going to be tight and I've got some lunch dates with friends which I need to budget for but I also need to purchase some holiday clothes. I'm really trying to rein in the spending and be more sensible as I want to reduce my debts so coming on here and posting everyday keeps me accountable and makes me stop and re-think my spending habits.

To try and counter all this spending today I shall try to:

- complete some surveys... One Poll has hardly anything for me, just the odd 15p or 10p surveys which is frustrating
    - Going to pluck up the courage and call one of my creditors and talk to them about a F&F offer I made to them but I haven't heard back
    - Try not to over spend in Costco... so easy to do
    - Look at my bank account and work out exactly how much I can allow myself to spend each week on shopping
    - Already moved £200 to the savings account this morning
    - Must complete my DMP review... I keep putting it off
    - Put on a wash and hang out to dry

Think that's it from me. Thanks for reading and keeping me accountable! :)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 April 2017 at 10:09AM
    Good Morning All

DNMS - Hope your anxiety lifts, do you think its from yesterdays decision over GD? She is such a credit to you and sounds such a lovely and caring young girl.

Gosh, not the best start to the day, I slept through my alarm and woke with a jump to discover it was 8.05, so poor DS has not had a great start either but he's texted me to say he's arrived at school on time. Gardeners have not arrived yet to start day 2, they made a great start yesterday despite the changeable weather - at one point we had 15/20 mins of very heavy hail (so they sat in their van) and then battled on when it stopped. Will have a second cuppa and see if I can wake up (typical isn't it that last night was the best nights sleep I've had in months), today's plans:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank & make PAD - Done
    RM Surveys -
    Bank (collect balance for gardeners) -
    Few bits from shop -
    Home pamper session -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• twins I think the decision over the top rests on two things. 1. can you afford it? & 2. Do you LOVE it? if you answer yes to both questions get it :)

Don't know ziggy. Nothing to actually feel anxious about. I think it's work related as it's quite taxing doing my job, seeing all the terrible things people are going through and constantly fighting with different sections of the Government to get them help. Good job I'm going on holiday next week!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi Friday Frugalistas,
    Another nitheringly cold day here - snow shower on Tues, 5 big hails showers yesterday which covered the garden in a layer of ice each time, another frost last night but have I wimped out & put the heating back on? I have not! However, the cold is permeating even my massive Peruvian cardi, so I think the fire may be lit, if nothing else. Today's stuff:
    *Payday so my Big Budget Day. Been at it all morning. Have achieved the following:
    -Reconciled April's budget, which was tight because we were minus £200+ in mr f's wages & had a family event to celebrate but we stayed solvent & didn't dip down into overdraft.
    -Set May's budget.
    -Worked out what to pay into our Savings Piggies this month. With the missing £200+, I couldn't pay them last month, although I did still pay into our emergency fund. Most Piggies will receive double this month because the outstanding money has now been paid, so hopefully that will put us back on track.
    -Assessed Holiday Piggy in more depth to ensure we will have sufficient cash to pay holiday cottage balance due in Sept, as well as a little extra in case we are able to fit in a few days away in our tent. Decided to increase monthly payment from £40 to £50 until balance is paid then go back to £40.
    -Paid a CC in full.
    -Paid my Ugov & Onepoll survey pay-outs across to our Loan Pay Down Fund & updated signature (£175 earned this year from surveys so far).
    -Set a budget for the weekend - it's my birthday - we're going to see a local band, treat ourselves to a Chinese takeaway which is now a very rare treat for us, have a little city centre trip plus a breakfast out on the day at a rather posh farm shop - so we're not aiming to do anything huge (actually we are hoping to have plenty of time to get our living room refurb finished & all the furniture, etc, brought back in) - but as all money savers know, these are precisely the kind of spends which add up.....a couple of pints here, coffee & cakes, a takeaway, etc, so I've assigned a budget of £70. Any additional expenses will have to come from our Personal Spends.
    *Edited voucher stash & put relevant ones with shopping list ready for tomorrow. Added coffee to the list. mr f spotted I'd missed it off & practically got withdrawal shakes there & then!
    *Read energy meters & uploaded to website.
    *Investigated freezer drawers while waiting for kettle to boil. Meals in there for 3 days in addition to what's on next week's meal plans so we can eat those the week after. Quite a lot of assorted soups. Could do with eating some of those.
    *Checked ebay listings. 1 sale, 8 watchers.
    OK, I think that's it. The rest of the day will be spent cleaning furniture ready to put living room back together (me) & tarting up the bits of our stripped wooden floor that require re-varnishing (him). I might wax the windowsill I stripped earlier this week......but only if it doesn't involve me standing in wet floor varnish!
    Take care all - nearly Friday,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

My job finished on Tuesday so I spent the last few days getting straight.
    Sold bits £24 which is great
    I still have a pram and a cot to do, but the weather is hampering me.
    Arranged to do some work for my Dad business, so train ticket booked to go up there next week.
    Registered on dog walking app to see if I can earn some extra.
    Applied for jobs - naturally
    Sent off a Load of DVDs £27 coming my way
    Read meters to ensure accurate billing and I have been resisting having the heating on.
    Applied for a grant for my daughter, which has been accepted, I need to send off some stuff which can happen next week.
    Budgets re looked at
    I need to get some benefits advice and I have been waiting for a call back, I have tried chasing them but the helpline has been busy.

Family coming to stay this weekend, so some shopping to be done so a list made, but I need to think about the early part of next week too.
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    twins I think the decision over the top rests on two things. 1. can you afford it? & 2. Do you LOVE it? if you answer yes to both questions get it :)

Don't know ziggy. Nothing to actually feel anxious about. I think it's work related as it's quite taxing doing my job, seeing all the terrible things people are going through and constantly fighting with different sections of the Government to get them help. Good job I'm going on holiday next week!

Thanks determined :) Well I downloaded the Wally app to my phone and I plugged in all my income and expenditure for the coming month and it leaves me with £644 for the month. Out of that I need to do the weekly shop, top up kids lunch money and other bits that invariably pop up. So based on how tight it's looking for the month I've decided not to buy the top. I'll have to recycle an old top for Saturday for my girls afternoon tea date. Thanks for helping me :)
  • evening every one

Sorry been missing again been working non stop to keep the building costs down
    been a bit wild with the pennies so I've gone back to basic ways and iam really getting back into it

hope you are all well
    will be back posting tomorrow xxx lppxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills