HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Comments

• jgh
    jgh Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You guys disgust me :):):) I usually do my return in December.

But, this year I want to rent a flat and as part of the tenancy vetting they want a copy of my tax return to prove I can afford the rent, so I should hurry up and get it done. The last bit of paperwork I needed arrived a few days ago.
  • mrskelly
    mrskelly Posts: 67 Forumite
    Discodave wrote: »
    to be honest, and imo, fair, you shouldn't be relying on refunds from Self Assessment to fund your holiday. Perhaps were are due a refund, but certain checks need to take place in order to ensure

a) the refund is correct, and that you are not potentially been overpaid

and b), the refund is being issued to the correct person, via the means requested.

How would you feel if they rushed the refund through and it ended up in the wrong account or to the cheque went to the wrong address

Maybe I shouldn't, but been doing my tax returns for years now and and not once have I ever had it this late. But like you say that's your opinion. 😉
  • Discodave
    Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
    mrskelly wrote: »
    Maybe I shouldn't, but been doing my tax returns for years now and and not once have I ever had it this late. But like you say that's your opinion. 😉
    Perhaps you haven't been checked in the past .... they cant check every refund, as AFIAK, its done at random
  • Ginobland
    Ginobland Posts: 12 Forumite
    Mine still pending I got a msg from them yesterday saying it has been issued 20th may should have payment within ten days but still says pending ?
  • strong8096
    strong8096 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    still pending ,
  • mrskelly
    Still pending....
  • Still pending but they said by the 8th June as another extension then it would have to get processed?
    Now chances are that isn't correct and was fob off tactic but can't work out if that is true why they would hold it till then but have to pay.
    No messages nothing given up ringing now.
    I understand sercurity checks I don't think it's a bad thing I just can't work out how people's that got sent fot them after mine did have got theirs back already. There is no order to them like people have suggested.
    Maybe the person checking mine hasn't been in for a while :rotfl:
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Logged on today and submitted mine. Ive £54 to be refunded :) lol - last year it only took a week and was a lot more
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
  • strong8096
    strong8096 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    told us wait till 7th june then if not paid it will be reviewed,
  • mrskelly
    What a surprise, still pending
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income