Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Comments

• Programme will be on I Player later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03qkj3h

It's the last case 40 minutes in.

Their statement wants plastering all over any correspondence to them just to remind them.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Programme will be on I Player later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03qkj3h

It's the last case 40 minutes in.

Their statement wants plastering all over any correspondence to them just to remind them.

Fantastic!

"Operate a fair and thorough process to deal with EU delays claims" - I think not!

Thomson: hang your heads in shame.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Watch BBC 1 NOW 11.40 Sherrifs at Thomson

Hilarious - just caught it on my phone. How very humiliating! Monarch were also in the frame for this series, I hear. And perhaps may still be yet?
  • Hi there, just to let you know received a letter today from Thomson, our flight was delayed 3.40 mins, manchester to turkey 2013. This is what they say, our flight was delayed due to an electronic engine controller technical defect being detected prior to departure. The aircraft is unable to be legally dispatched with this defect. #Etc etc, the cause of this delay sits under Extraordinary circumstances. No compo being payed out, is this the end of my claim now?. Thanks
  • Vauban
    Hi there, just to let you know received a letter today from Thomson, our flight was delayed 3.40 mins, manchester to turkey 2013. This is what they say, our flight was delayed due to an electronic engine controller technical defect being detected prior to departure. The aircraft is unable to be legally dispatched with this defect. #Etc etc, the cause of this delay sits under Extraordinary circumstances. No compo being payed out, is this the end of my claim now?. Thanks

Go to court, instruct a NWNF lawyer or walk away. Lots of guidance on here about how to do all three (or the first two at any rate!).
  • Case tomorrow 2pm - if it was not for razorsedge and dxc_chappie I would be completely and utterly underprepared.. mind has been slightly taken up with family illness. But no matter what happens big thank you to you guys...:-)

Wish me luck....

BTW has anyone been held in contempt of court yet......
  • Vauban
    flower202 wrote: »
    Case tomorrow 2pm - if it was not for razorsedge and dxc_chappie I would be completely and utterly underprepared.. mind has been slightly taken up with family illness. But no matter what happens big thank you to you guys...:-)

Wish me luck....

Best of luck for tomorrow! Go get 'em.:D
  • flower202 wrote: »
    Case tomorrow 2pm - if it was not for razorsedge and dxc_chappie I would be completely and utterly underprepared.. mind has been slightly taken up with family illness. But no matter what happens big thank you to you guys...:-)

Wish me luck....

Good Luck, here's hopping you don't end up 'stayed'
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
  • NickyPower wrote: »
    I have received the following defence from Thomson and would appreciate any advice. Many thanks in advance :o

1) It is strictly denied that Defendent ("the Airline") is liable for compensation under what is assumed to be Denied Boarding Regulations 2004 (EC 261/2004) (the "Regulation")

2) It is admitted and averred that the Airline Operated Flight ***** on **** 2013 from Ibiza, Spain to London Gatwick.

3) It will be said by the defendant that the aircraft intended to operate the Claimant's flight was subject to an unforeseeable technical fault on the previous flight rotation prior to the Claimants flight namely a nose wheel tyre deflation requiring a replacement part to be sourced, transported and fitted.

4) The delay in replacing the part led to a decision to source a replacement aircraft to perform the outbound flight and the Claimants inbound flight.

5) This resulted in a delay to the departure of the claimants flight.

6) It is averred that the matters pleaded in paragraph 11 (THERE IS NO PARAGRAPH 11??) above were caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken and that, pursuant to Article 5(3) of the Denied Boarding Regulations no compensation is payable in the circumstances. The Defendant relies on the following:-

a) At all material times, the Defendant operated a reasonable systems of checks and maintenance to the aircraft concerned.

b) The defect was found prior to the departure of the aircraft in question.

c) The defect was a result of extraordinary circumstances outside of the airlines actual control.

d) The Defendant will rely on Nelson and TUI (Cases C-581/10 and C-629/10), in particular Paragraph 39.

7) For the reasons set out above the claim for compensation of 250 Euros per person pursuant to the Denied Boarding Regulation is denied.

8) The Claimant is put to strict proof as to their loss.

9) As to the contingent claim for interest, it is denied that 8% is an appropriate interest rate.

Any advice as to what I should be putting in my bundle??
    Hi, wondered how your case was going. We were on TOM4654 from Gatwick to Ibiza on that date (departure due 14:10). Like you (I think)we were told by the pilot that the technical problem was with a plane elsewhere and the plane intended for our flight had been sent to cover that - but Thomson deny this. We are not as far advanced as you with our case so would be very interested in the outcome of yours.
  • bigmama1
    bigmama1 Posts: 93 Forumite
    David_e wrote: »
    If you are in England or Wales, the time limit is 6 years. To suggest that there is a different time limit for flight delay claims is bizarre (and incorrect). Just ignore their nonsense and send your NBA. There'll likely be more similar nonsense in their defence when you make a claim but, as long as you have done your research on here, you should succeed.

Good luck!

I've just sent my NBA letter to Thomson by recorded delivery. I am now going to wait 14 days then no doubt I will have to start the long procedure with the small claim court. I am determined to carry on with the help of other forum users for advice! Thank you all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback