Lebara Money Credit Card - Keep or Replace?

124»

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Would it work if I opened a Revolut account in my name and an account was opened in the name of the person who needs an account so that I could then make the payments direct from my debit card to my account and then on to the person who actually needs the card?
    Yes, that's the only way to do it if the person has no way to load funds from an account of their own.

I had a quick look at Monzo's T&Cs and saw nothing that says it cannot be loaded using another person's debit card, so it might be worth trying. The app is more straightforward than that of Revolut, if that would help.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    eDicky wrote: »
    Yes, that's the only way to do it if the person has no way to load funds from an account of their own.

I had a quick look at Monzo's T&Cs and saw nothing that says it cannot be loaded using another person's debit card, so it might be worth trying. The app is more straightforward than that of Revolut, if that would help.

I set up an account in my name with no problems however when I set the account up in their name it now wants their photographic ID. Is this normal?
  • eDicky
    I set up an account in my name with no problems however when I set the account up in their name it now wants their photographic ID. Is this normal?
    If you mean Revolut, they require the user to verify themselves for use of more than a minimal amount, I think £750 or maybe it's now reduced. This requires capturing a selfie and photo of passport or driving licence with the app. Why they should require this immediately for your 'person' I don't know, perhaps it's something new for those with no possibility of electronic identification.

I'm thinking you should look at Soldo, which I don't use myself, but you can have a supplementary card issued on your account with that user's name but probably no other requirements apart from being aged 8+.
  • Jo4
    If you mean Revolut, they require the user to verify themselves for use of more than a minimal amount, I think £750 or maybe it's now reduced. This requires capturing a selfie and photo of passport or driving licence with the app. Why they should require this immediately for your 'person' I don't know, perhaps it's something new for those with no possibility of electronic identification.

I'm thinking you should look at Soldo, which I don't use myself, but you can have a supplementary card issued on your account with that user's name but probably no other requirements apart from being aged 8+.

I only got to set up their account. I didn't even get the chance to attempt to credit any money to it when they requested the photo ID which I thought was strange?!?!
  • eDicky
    I only got to set up their account. I didn't even get the chance to attempt to credit any money to it when they requested the photo ID which I thought was strange?!?!
    You told us this already. On whose phone did you set up their account? I think Revolut have had to introduce precautions to prevent abuse of their facilities.
  • Jo4
    You told us this already. On whose phone did you set up their account? I think Revolut have had to introduce precautions to prevent abuse of their facilities.

I set up their account on my phone. It was a Revoult account. I didn't look near either of the accounts since. I credited £20 to my account, which I presume is still on it.

Should I give Revoult the other person's ID?
  • eDicky
    I set up their account on my phone. It was a Revoult account. I didn't look near either of the accounts since. I credited £20 to my account, which I presume is still on it.

Should I give Revoult the other person's ID?
    It's not easy to follow what you doing. A Revolut user is identified by their phone number, which is given when setting up the account (but can be changed). Then initial login on the app is done by receiving a one-time code by SMS to that number. Did you set up two separate accounts, for yourself and the other person, on your own phone and giving the same phone number for both, or what?
  • Jo4
    It's not easy to follow what you doing. A Revolut user is identified by their phone number, which is given when setting up the account (but can be changed). Then initial login on the app is done by receiving a one-time code by SMS to that number. Did you set up two separate accounts, for yourself and the other person, on your own phone and giving the same phone number for both, or what?

I set up 2 separate accounts, one for myself and one for the other person, on my own phone but I gave their phone number for their account and my phone number for my account.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure