IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS "court recovery action" threat

Comments

• ckershaw
    ckershaw Posts: 14 Forumite
    When UKCPS sent me a LBCC, it wasn't even that, they just gave a generic reply to my letter and then gave the debt to DRP who have now started their letter chain with me.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 October 2017 at 2:00PM
    I would still send a more robust letter now to UKCPS telling them to cease and desist with the harassment from debt collectors and comply with the new Protocol if they think they have a cause of action in the court. And ask them for all photos taken and a picture of the sign and proof it was on site on the day (basically a list of things covered by the new Protocol).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi guys,

It seems they have now sent me a letter. I'm trying to attach what it says but i don't know how? It's asking for a URL when adding a picture.

Thanks,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 October 2017 at 1:59PM
    Hi guys,

It seems they have now sent me a letter. I'm trying to attach what it says but i don't know how? It's asking for a URL when adding a picture.

Thanks,

Host it on Dropbox then copy and insert the URL here, but change http to hxxp and a regular will do the conversion. Newbies can’t post live links until they have a few posts under their belt.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • See letter below thanks

UKCPS
    CAR PARKING SOLUTIONS

LATE

Thursday, 19 October 2017
    Dear Mr x,

Thank you for your appeal regarding the above parking notice charge.

Unfortunately we are unable to consider your appeal. As stated on the parking charge notice all appeals, from the Driver, must be received within the stipulated time of issue. After receiving the Notice To Keeper the Registered Keeper may appeal if they have not already appealed as the Driver. As your appeal was presented significantly late the appeals procedure has now closed and the parking charge will stand. The Independent Appeals Service xx provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. The Independent Appeals Service xxx provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. However, as you have not complied with our internal appeals procedure we will not engage with the IAS, Your Parking Charge was issued under the IPC code of practice UKCPS can only address the factual issues of where and how you parked. We will not enter into discussions about the legality of parking on private land or of the landowners right to impose parking conditions on their property. We will only answer points relevant to the specific parking event all other points you may have made are irrelevant to the appeal. UKCPS Ltd provide national car parking solutions. Our ICO registration number is Z968298X and we have electronic access to the DVLA database of Registered Keepers. We are accredited AOS operators with our ATA (Approved Trade Association).

Regards,

UKCPS Appeals Department JC
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Send a complaint to the DVLA and IPC, that this operator is not considering appeals from keepers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • No worries, i will do. Do i need to rely to them or just leave it for now? thanks
  • also, are there any complaint letter templates to the IPC or DLA?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, there arent. Its not difficult, one or two lines. Show it here first.

Don't respond back to the operator yet. Just leave them be - frankly no appeal was going to be accepted by them anyway, and the IAS is a joke which you weere never going to appeal to .
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Coupon-mad - thanks for getting back to me so fast. I have gone though pages of threads on here but i can't find anything on if they don't reference my letter or reduce the charge.

Not sure I understand. The point is, they are saying they will take you to court for breach of contract. They have to show the judge that a contract existed, you breached it, and the damages they want are not excessive. To do this they have to jump through a myriad of hoops, and you must ensure that they do.

You will have to do most of the work yourself, and it will require a lot of reading, with some legal concepts to grasp, if you are not prepared to put in the hours, you may end up paying them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure