Off on our adventure....Jan 2015

Options

Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ploppy

Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself - it's allowed :)

I had a mini breakdown this week - told DH I couldn't do this alone and he needs to support me or I couldn't see us getting through this. Lots of tears from me - totally confused DH or can't see what he's doing wrong, aka not doing anything. Hey ho, I do love him, but sometimes being the responsible one all the time takes it's toll.

Keep smiling and know you have friends to moan at on here :)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys. I know we will get sorted in the end and I am normally such a positive person and such a believer in the law of attraction and positive thoughts etc, but I seem to have lost the knack at the moment.:( I got really stressed a few years ago when my mum was seriously ill and I ended up making myself ill, just caused by stress and I can see some of the same symptoms arising now, so need to get positive and I will be fine. I suffer from IBS, but it has been under control for the last few years but just lately I can feel it all coming back again, along with my colds etc! I am determined it won't make me bad again, but it is hard when I don't seem to be able to get through to OH. I am surprised to be honest as he wanted the DMP and I really thought that he would change a bit now....but obviously not. I tried telling him that I thought the stress of it all was what was making me ill, but he just made some sarcastic remark about how I was the one who wanted to organise it all! So when I said he could do it all if he wanted, he just ignored me and left the room!:mad:
    He can't even seem to do the simplest of things....I re organised all our filing of household documents etc and showed him how it was all done and where it was. He gets paid weekly and so we have loads of wage slips and he used to leave them all at work and then bring loads home at once and just leave them laying around unopened! So I told him he had to start bringing them home weekly and filing them away....so what did I find today when I went to look for something??......wage slips from the last few weeks, just laying on top the filing system!:mad:
    Then I asked if he had rung Lloyds yet about giving them permission to speak to me re his CC......his reply was that he couldn't remember me saying anything about it and he didn't know the phone number anyway!

Well things can only get better...:) Maybe I should just go away for a few weeks and leave him to it!:rotfl:
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello.. well done on what you have done so far.. hope DH gets on board for you soon!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • System
    Options
    Well first payment taken by SC, so I really feel that we are on our way now. :) BC have agreed to refund the interest that would have been applied for the first 6 months, so actually making it 0%, then they will re look at it in 6-12 months time.

OH is still driving me up the wall! :mad: Still waiting for him to make 3 simple phone calls.....he sarcastically told me that the only way he could do them was if he had a week off work, as how do I expect him to have time for things like that when he goes to work??!!!:mad::mad::mad: So how exactly does he think I manage to do things?? I am out of the house for approx 35 hours a week...sometimes more and yet I have managed to sort the entire DMP including new bank accounts, make phone calls to creditors and banks, sorted out the problems we had with the new DD's. I keep up with the essential housework, washing etc, he always has food to eat and clothes to wear, I remember all the birthdays etc...(even for his family), I babysit for the grandchildren sometimes, do the shopping and still manage to fit in visits to hairdressers, doctor's etc...and in between all that I have had 2 nasty colds and feel really s**t! He says he works more hours than me....I agree he does, but he doesn't do much else...apart from sit at his computer downloading films and music etc and fixing his bike sometimes!
    Well that's my moan over.....I feel better now..:rotfl:
    Hopefully get some more stuff on Fleabay today and make a bit more money and then the plan was to clear out some cupboards, but not sure how much I will get done as I got up late and really need to nip over and visit mother in law in a bit and a quick visit to Aldi.
    Have a nice day everybody:)
  • January2015
    Options
    Hi Ploppy :wave::wave:

Great news on the BC interest - well done on winning that battle :)

I really do know how you feel about your OH and feeling like you have to be the grown up one who has to deal with everything all the time, and literally hold OH's hand just to get their bits done to move the DMP and interest/charges to where they need to be. I think you OH is my OH's twin brother:rotfl:

Hope you are starting to feel better:beer:
  • System
    Options
    Hi Ploppy :wave::wave:

Great news on the BC interest - well done on winning that battle :)

I really do know how you feel about your OH and feeling like you have to be the grown up one who has to deal with everything all the time, and literally hold OH's hand just to get their bits done to move the DMP and interest/charges to where they need to be. I think you OH is my OH's twin brother:rotfl:

Hope you are starting to feel better:beer:

I think you are right....is he a Scorpio? Maybe its all to do with their star signs etc. Funny thing is, OH is a different type of person at work and is very confident and makes good decisions:rotfl:
  • January2015
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    I think you are right....is he a Scorpio? Maybe its all to do with their star signs etc. Funny thing is, OH is a different type of person at work and is very confident and makes good decisions:rotfl:

My OH is Pisces - but again, just like your OH, he is extremely confident at work and is a very senior manager. He organises and manages multiple projects - and does it really well. He just can't deal with home life and debt :(
  • System
    Options
    Well we survived another week, but not without arguments!:( Only downer on the DMP front was Ll***s saying they hadn't had our payments and had therefore cancelled the agreements! So I rang up to sort it out and explain...again.... but of course they wouldn't do anything about OH's account as they didn't have permission to speak to me about it. She asked if she could speak to him but he got quite grumpy about having to go through all his security info in order to give them permission to speak to me..:mad: Still they have now updated the accounts, even though I had already spoken to someone before and they had already put the date the first payment should be received. For some reason though, I had to contact SC and get them to contact Ll***s again re OH's account as they said they couldn't update it without speaking to SC again as they had cancelled it!!!!

So apart from that all is well. Just feel we really need a break!

Hope everyone else is well and doing ok
  • System
    Options
    So what happened this week....?? Well OH's CC statement from Lloyds arrived and they had slapped on loads of interest and a late payment fee!:mad: Tried to ring to sort it out, but they say that the authorisation that OH gave for me to speak on his behalf, was only for that one phone call and they can't speak to me any more!!:mad: I have now written a letter...with OH just signing it as he wouldn't even know where to start with writing it. I have explained everything ...again.... and hope they sort it. It is madness as they had already agreed to stop interest for 6 months!

So now here we are on Saturday and OH is sat upstairs with his computer, doing goodness knows what! I have told him several jobs that need doing and he has ignored me. He went to the village to get his hair cut and said he would buy milk as we were out of it, but he said he didn't have enough money. I gave him the last 80p I had (luckily payday is Tuesday) and he then came back with cakes as well!! To say I was angry was an understatement.:mad: He says it is only £1, but it is the principle. Yesterday I bought some cakes reduced to 25p in Co-op, so we didn't even need any more cakes and I was chuffed to bits with my bargain! He has signed up to do a sponsered swim for Marie Curie fund and then told me he will need to start going swimming twice a week for the next 3 or 4 weeks to train for it....so I will need to give him more money as the money he is allowed, doesn't cover it! I sometimes think he really has no idea!

Sorry for the moaning, I just feel so fed up with it lately and it seems to be OH that is making it worse, not just the stress of debt.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a good weekend and I will try not to moan next time:D
  • System
    Options
    Morning everybody. Hope you are all having an enjoyable Easter.

Has been a quiet week on the DMP front. Payday was Tuesday, so am feeling quite rich again...LOL:rotfl: It is nice to still have money in my purse for the rest of the month, I had forgotten what that was like. I even managed to buy a new duvet this week, just need some decent pillows now as ours are awful and sooooo old. Just couldn't find any suitable.

Well, sorry to say, I have gone down with a cough/breathlessness/ achy thing...again! :mad: This is the 3rd virusy thing I have had since January, so I am a bit fed up with it now. Am going to GP on Tuesday, as starting to wonder if I am deficient in some mineral or other and that is why I am going down with so much. I also think the stress of everything that has happened over the past year or so, has caught up with me and my immune system is soooo low:( Am eating everything natural I can lay my hands on and trying lots of holistic remedies which I believe in. So hopefully by next week I will be fighting fit.....a bit of sunshine would help:)

OH is having to work over bank holiday, except for tomorrow, so having a lazy weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure