• One-Step How are you getting on? :)
  • One-step-at-a-time
    One-step-at-a-time Posts: 601
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 August 2020 at 12:57PM
    Good morning!

I had the weekend off from thinking :)
    We went to stay with a friend on Friday, got home Saturday afternoon after a (planned and budgeted for) pub lunch. No further progress to report other than receiving one more payment for goods sold. More balance transfer shuffling to be done today (I get to wave goodbye to the last of the 17.9% balance for 18 months), and then I start to shift the overpayment focus from card A tp card B.
    I will probably not be around much over the next few days as things are likely to be busy at work and I'll be avoiding extra screen time - unless of course there is a major update! Have a good week :)
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • One-step-at-a-time
    One-step-at-a-time Posts: 601
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 August 2020 at 12:58PM
    I am aboard the emotional rollercoaster today!

All my paperwork has been submitted and the upfront lump sum payment has been made.
    So now, things progress as normal. I have been playing with budgeting apps, trying to find something that I like, and I killed my NSD stone dead with 66p on a chocolate bar, but I have also made it to Payday eve with £30 left in the bank! I will start tomorrow positively by transferring that £30 to the Halifax card, so that I get at least one overpayment in over the next month.
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • One-Step, sounds like you are going to have to be patient :) easy for me to say I know :eek: !
    Still :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun passes the time :o
    Tc :)
  • You've got me there, patience is absolutely not my strong suit! :rotfl:

I am ready for this to be done and dusted. Still finding it hard to believe that I was wallowing along in a fog for as long as I was, as when I am mentally sharp and focused, things get done! Unfortunately there was a long period where that was NOT the case, but there is something really great about knowing that everything is in the process of being dealt with. The crew of this ship have their sea legs back :)
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • You've got me there, patience is absolutely not my strong suit! :rotfl:

I am ready for this to be done and dusted. Still finding it hard to believe that I was wallowing along in a fog for as long as I was, as when I am mentally sharp and focused, things get done! Unfortunately there was a long period where that was NOT the case, but there is something really great about knowing that everything is in the process of being dealt with. The crew of this ship have their sea legs back :)

I would say I am not too patient either :rotfl:
    The main thing is you have back control and you are making progress, we will ensure you stay focused :D
    Speaking of done and dusted, we have a bit of a dusting of snow, well enough for my son to get excited :D TC
  • I love the snow!
    A few inches have fallen here, just enough to disguise the state of my garden :) This morning was beautiful, I was up at sunrise, out of the house at just gone 7 and at work *almost* on time (one bus not running so a walk and two other buses).

A little bit of spreadsheet maintenance has been done; card payments have been adjusted to a set amount over the minimum - still going to bung extra at the one with the soonest-ending promo rate whenever I can, but in the eventuality that there is no extra spare in a given month, I still want to be whittling away at all three. The interest rates are all low now, so splitting the overpayments budget evenly makes sense.

This month I will go under 70% credit card utilisation! I would really like to get it to 60% by the end of the year but that's going to be quite a tall order with these extra payments going out (current projection is around 63%). Although I have no desire whatsoever to use any more credit, it will feel like a small victory when there's a shift in the right direction in the 'affordability' section.

Today I have a little bit of work to do which will hopefully lead to me netting £75-£85 in the next week, just need to pull my finger out and get started!
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
  • Its is very beautiful the snow when its all fresh and not stepped on... then it turns to ice and then its a bit :eek: :eek: I have to be prised from the house when its icy. Sounds like a bit of a journey into work for you. Lets see what the rest of the week brings!
    Good to see that your percentage of credit used is going nicely down :)
  • I'm not so good on the ice! Our road never gets gritted so the last part from the bus stop is always something of a gamble :cool: . The office may be closed tomorrow, which would mean a nice toasty work from home day. I'm now getting a little twitchy about the upcoming craft stall day, which is only a week and a half away, as I'm NOT keen on spending the day outside if it's sub-zero, but chances are if the weather is really dire it will get cancelled. Oh well, I can always try to sell the stuff online!

I did my last MSE task of the month tonight, got the utility switch underway. £400/yr estimated saving, £40 cashback and £50 gift card from a referral code all in one hit (the last two won't emerge for 2 months, but still...).

The downside is that the new DD and the final bills from the current suppliers will probably overlap, so I could be looking at a sizeable temporary overdraft. That's my added incentive to try to earn some extra this month, and on that front, things are looking *fairly* promising. The £75-85 prospect may well end up over £100, and another small job is due to net £25, with the possibility of a bit more work coming my way in future :j
    (I am registered self-employed due to the freelance odds & ends so part of that will go to the savings for tax pot - frustrating when you're trying to kill off debt, but absolutely vital).

Stay warm, everyone :)
    DEBT-FREE 27/08/21
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport