Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    thepearce wrote: »
    I've tried it (adding multiple to a gift card). Asked in store. They went through the motions at the till but it would not work. The problem seems to be these are promotional codes - valid against food, clothes and homeware only.

** I also asked, tried and failed in greggs **

I tried to use more than one code at once. I think I managed £5 + £3 together once but liklely the problem was with what I was trying to buy. I have a feeling that yellow stickered stuff will be a problem, as was the £10 meal deal (with wine).

M&S referred me to google. My query was passed to the wallet team there but all they could tell me was the codes are confirmed valid - please speak to M&S.

When some of my codes failed (I had not deleted them) the [self service] till later gave a warning and the code was shown on the screen so I took photos.

On Friday I used a code and it didn't look very promising but ended up working at the final screen. Bought something for <£3 with a £3 code.

To make sure I don't lose any codes, and to help with managing what I (and Mrs thepearce) have used I take screenshots, sync them up to google photos and then add them to individual albums per voucher type. Share the album with Mrs thepearce. That way we can both see them when we need to.

When we use one a viber/whatsapp to each other is a good way to record it. At some point later I add the relevant photos to a "used" album and renove them from the voucher album. Sounds complicated I guess but has made things a lot easier.

Yes :eek: Is there a quick way of deleting it when used please ?

Off to a good start 4 draws again :mad:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :think:..I'm sure this could be the start to a song...:D

“ What a difference a day makes 24 little hoursssss”
  • jax.26
    jax.26 Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I think you popped into my thoughts yesterday. Am I right in thinking you stay near me ? It was when barley sugar suggested a meet up I thought I was going to meet you when I left mcd’s

Hi there
    Yes I stay in Glasgow. I think we just never got round to it.

I lost my mojo for glitching so its been a long time since my last glitch....But I have been reading up now and again but anyhow yesterday I was in sada and thought why not give it a go.

So, 6 Aussie shampoo and 3 B&H sets later here I am... of course I thought i'd messed it up a million times during the 3 hours but all worked out well except for a apg of £20.27!
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    zagubov wrote: »
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and last but not least, the lurkers.

Zag.....is it safe to line a cake tin with foil instead of baking paper?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Zag.....is it safe to line a cake tin with foil instead of baking paper?

If you grease it, it should be okay, but why not pop out to the local shop and just buy some, the cost of the ingredients in a fruit cake is not worth messing about with. (Presuming it is a late baked xmas cake.)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    If you grease it, it should be okay, but why not pop out to the local shop and just buy some, the cost of the ingredients in a fruit cake is not worth messing about with. (Presuming it is a late baked xmas cake.)

Local shop doesn’t sell it DM. I had it all mixed so no point driving to A:o. I was sure I had some somewhere. :o

I read up about foil and the dangers of stuff leaching from it using it for baking. So I’ve just greased the tin welland I’ll hope for the best.

It’s only a tea loaf.

But a special one.

With brandy soaked fruit:)

I’m off outside now to go twigging:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Yes :eek: Is there a quick way of deleting it when used please ?

Off to a good start 4 draws again :mad:

To delete from where?

Rather than delete in google photos I add it to a used album. I then remove the same photo from the voucher album. You could archive, just remove from album, or delete it instead.
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Yes in the 5 for 1....I got a Freddo, 2 curly wurly and a fudge...only as fillers for a few other bits I will post in an hour...

Thank you x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Local shop doesn’t sell it DM. I had it all mixed so no point driving to A:o. I was sure I had some somewhere. :o

I read up about foil and the dangers of stuff leaching from it using it for baking. So I’ve just greased the tin welland I’ll hope for the best.

It’s only a tea loaf.

But a special one.

With brandy soaked fruit:)

I’m off outside now to go twigging:)

Hi TM, abit late for this occasion but my mum always kept the wrappers from the butter and used these to line the tins, she was from a waste nothing era, :)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Snap-ant wrote: »
    [SIZE=+1]Seren was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

21 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]

:j:j:j

Thank you x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure