The Cutting Down / Giving Up Booze Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    *healing vibes* for you CathyBird.

Maman, I don't think talking about how to cope with sugar cravings is off topic, and I'm delighted that you've come up with a few more affordable sources and alternative pudding suggestions. Practical tips are always welcome, so thank you!

I won't be getting a broom of my own, PSL, so can I hop on yours?
    I've realised that I always seem to count my days AF earlier than most, but I don't really give it a second thought... I know I wont drink for the rest of the day so I'm happy declaring early!

I declare when I've read the thread, and that varies from first thing in the morning to last thing at night more recently. When I first joined the thread I didn't dare declare until I'd gone to bed, because I knew I'd never get up, go downstairs and pour myself a large glass of something - I don't think I ever wanted a small one, which is a bit telling, isn't it?

The dog had me up at midnight, walking him around the block at midnight which was necessary so he's forgiven, obviously, because it saved a lot of carpet scrubbing, but I very nearly logged on when I got back to catch up with the thread and delcare which would have been my earliest! Seriously just declare when you want, all contributions are welcome.

11/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Declaring early on 6/14 for today please Shaggy - determined to get my first smiley tomorrow ;)
  • 6 please, Shaggy, ta
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    When I first joined the thread I didn't dare declare until I'd gone to bed, because I knew I'd never get up, go downstairs and pour myself a large glass of something - I don't think I ever wanted a small one, which is a bit telling, isn't it?

Seriously just declare when you want, all contributions are welcome.

I think you're doing brilliantly to have the confidence to declare early oneday. Like HB, when I started (actually for a number of years) I didn't dare post until I was ready for bed. Even then I sometimes tried to argue with myself that having a drink after midnight might still count as an AF day (fortunately never won that argument though:o).

Now that I do declare early in the day I wish I'd done it before. It's a decision made and any fleeting thoughts are quickly quashed. It's not that this thread is judgemental but there is an accountability that kicks in. :)

First smiley for me today.:D

7 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    October 2017

herbst0015.gif= 7 Days AF

smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646= 14 days AF

Smilies_Bananas_ChristmasDancing.gif8CQgb2mkiIjrD5QXE4a1XWPiYIwvLvTgCzyw9l4c6TIzsgB9XkRNIw==.gif= 21 days AF

_autumn__by_jagveress-d8r0b21.gif= 28 days AF

e283d9ecb3ebdb170eba460fdbfc62cc.gif= 31 days AF

97405adab61ef2c5821b57010bbbba92-d88k3ho.gif= Target Achieved

flying_witch.gif= Target Beaten

Alcohol Free Days

AlexLK 5/21

Arkers

Barny1979 6/24
    CathyBird 7/21 herbst0015.gif

CuppaTea 5/18

Eltee /25

ElusiveLucy 5/14

GintotMelinda

GreenKaren 10/TF herbst0015.gif
    Honey Bear 11/31 herbst0015.gif
    MaggieM 8/15 herbst0015.gif
    Maman 7/10 herbst0015.gif

Nicnak
    Poor Single Lady 9/24 herbst0015.gif

Pricey 6/20

PurpleMumof2 3/10
    Shaggy 7/13 herbst0015.gif

StepUpToThePl8

StichyWitchy

SukeyBoo 6/14
    TakingOneDay 10/31 herbst0015.gif

WBF 3/14

Everyone Welcome! It's never too late to join....

Please highlight your AFDs in Red

Don't hesitate to let me know if I've made a mistake!
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • I think you're doing brilliantly to have the confidence to declare early oneday. Like HB, when I started (actually for a number of years) I didn't dare post until I was ready for bed. Even then I sometimes tried to argue with myself that having a drink after midnight might still count as an AF day (fortunately never won that argument though).

That made me laugh! :rotfl:

Still doing OK - I'm not saying that the wine isn't calling but more that I'm still ignoring it!

11/31 for me please
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    7/24 AFDs today
  • 10/24 please

HB if I get a broom it would be a privilege to share with you. But some time to go yet and some challenges.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,305 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all, 8/21 for me please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone :wave: