Huawei G300 £65 from Tesco

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Keeping an eye for Deanos to hear if he got it working...

ha ha not yet i might leave it on official ICS :cool:
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    deanos wrote: »
    ha ha not yet i might leave it on official ICS :cool:

but its still working? thats a relief!

I can only think its something to do with where you start from (although it shouldn't matter!) I was upgrading from stock 2.3 where your already on a version of 4. Perhaps you would have to go back to 2.3 first.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    yes its working just wouldn't update :)
  • d40eq6
    d40eq6 Posts: 94 Forumite
    sillygoose wrote: »
    This method is the full update way - it will wipe EVERYTHING but should not affect your unlock or IMEI..[/B]

You're an absolute legend! Installed it last night and it works perfectly.:T
  • guys i just got the g300 yesterday for my daughter and she is way over the moon with it and for the £73 i paid its a bargain. I am confident about doing these updates but is it worth upgrading to ICS, its for my daughter who is not really fussed, so i dont want to do the upgrade just for the sake of a nicer interface, does ICS improve the phone in other ways thats its really worth doing the upgrade??
  • I seem to find that the battery lasts longer in ICS. It seems especially long when not used much, mine lasts three days with light use now.
  • d40eq6
    d40eq6 Posts: 94 Forumite
    guys i just got the g300 yesterday for my daughter and she is way over the moon with it and for the £73 i paid its a bargain. I am confident about doing these updates but is it worth upgrading to ICS, its for my daughter who is not really fussed, so i dont want to do the upgrade just for the sake of a nicer interface, does ICS improve the phone in other ways thats its really worth doing the upgrade??

It was actually very easy to do and although the 2.3 (Gingerbread) version was a big step up from the 2.0 (Eclair) version I had on my previous phone, 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is a much better system IMHO. The beauty of doing it is that you'll have a £73 phone which is fast and has (almost) the state of the art Android system on it.
  • Methinks it's about time Huawei got their finger out and released the official ICS update in the UK. I certainly won't be updating until this appears. Total technophobe.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 12:14PM
    I do think ICS is very smooth, and found no bugs in the version I used, call quality is excellent and nothing has crashed. Its run without slowing down.
    If I can get my hands on another G300 at a good price I would and tuck it away for when I drop mine in a cup of coffee or something.

There are a couple of minor annoyances in how they do things in ICS, but found some good apps to work around, will post about them later. This is the beauty of android.

oh yes and I think battery management is excellent, charge every evening only until full. I don't have 3G data on unless I need it but have bluetooth on always, the screen is set to maximum brightness always and I make quite a few long calls each day, some day I am getting home with still 80% charge left.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure