Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:35PM
    Options
    wackynut's crisp shop against Sainsbobs. APG for £3.52.

8 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    3x Walkers Bugles Cheese Snacks (6x20g) £4.50 £3.00
    1x Jameson's Caramels Bag Chocolate Bag (180g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Skips Tingly Prawn Cocktail Flavour (6x13.1) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Aunt Bessie's 10 Dumplings (490g) £1.69 N/A
    1x Jameson's Ruffles Raspberry Chocolate Bag (180g) £1.00 N/A
    2x Walkers Squares Salt & Vinegar Snacks (6x22g) £2.90 £2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £9.10 £6.20

I got the small individual Caramel eggs and Lindor eggs this lunch time in smaller Sainsbobs 25p each. 5 pack of creme eggs was 90p (tried to find them in Aldi for 79p but nothing left at all). They had quite a lot of stock left compared to the bigger Sainsbobs store. How right this is, will remain to be seen tomorrow - young SA restocking said everything left in the morning is going to 70% off.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon all on my way to Inverness on the train:) BH if you are near the station wave to me :D

I've just seen BH running in opposite direction Emerald towards bus depot :)
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Options
    3pm already :eek: I've changed our bed this morning and don't think I should have been stretching, ouch :eek:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:17PM
    Options
    My results from this morning

A v T

1x Jacob's Crinklys Cheese & Onion Flavour 7 Pack (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Cheese & Onion Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £1.65 N/A
    1x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) £1.65 £1.00

1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) £1.29 £0.49
    0.43x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.31 £0.30

Couldn't remember if the flavour cheddars worked..It was just the original flavour

Great - so the £1.65 packs work out 2 for 50p after APG (£3.30 v £2, £1.50 return on £2 spend).

The £1.45 packs work out 2 for 90p after APG (£2.90 v £2, £1.10 back on £2 spend).

The £1.50 packs work out 2 for 80p after APG (£3 v £2, £1.20 back on £2 spend).

Anon
  • altojack
    Options
    The overcast sky has cleared away so it looks like it's going to be a pleasant afternoon :j

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all...

I'm up to Saturday morning reading back on the thread,so apologies if you don't get a mention on my first post!

I do hope everyone had a lovely Easter....

Rhos...read of your Son's accident ....gosh...I hope he's not too shaken and all is well....was that the lovely morris minor vintage car written off...I seem to recall one of your son's has one or something similar?

Picasso....You asked a question about sealing a wet room...umm...I love wet rooms,but only when they belong to someone else!
    Sadly I have very little experience with them and tend to stick to traditional bathrooms in the rentals mainly for the reasons that wet rooms can very easily become havens for mould unless they are dried well between uses....and not everyone has the patience to clean and dry all over regularly...
    My understanding is that before any sealant is used the area must be completely dry...I see no reason why a sealant can't be used round the edges of the floor to wall but I would check if you need a special one for wetrooms due to the amount of water that is likely to fall on the areas.

Do you have a spare tile ....if you do give that a few cleans with bleach or whatever cleaner you want to use and see how it handles it....I'm guessing you have something that is either slate or porous and I wouldnt always recommend abrasive cleaners on those....I have quite a bit of natural slate throughout the downstairs of our house and it's not the best thing for getting too wet....there are some good sealants again you can get but they are more for areas where they are not in a bathroom.
    Sorry I can't be much help...but there are some good heads over on the diy threads who will certainly be able to answer your question....

On to my weekend....and spent most of yesterday sat on various motorways...own fault really but DS decided that he needed to go back to uni as there are a few things he needed to do before term resumes next week.....next time he wants to travel on a bank holiday remind me to tell him to take the megabus back!

toiletries...just the one out this week....a body spray...nothing in.

Off to continue the catch up...and still hoping for a little bit of sun this week for us all. x

Thank you so much for this! Really good ideas and I shall do my best to get round to it. Loving my wet room and really must get it looking wonderful again...
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • simone10
    simone10 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 18 April 2017 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Thanks to Izzy (still no idea how you work out what might glitch)
    Shop is A v M
    My shop was done at 12.25 today. Shelf price was £1.60 per 6pk but went through till at 2 for £2. Paid £5.11 for my whole shop including the fillers and got APG back for £2.89
    1x ASDA Smartprice Lemonade (2l)£0.17£0.17
    4x Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar (5x30g)£6.40£4.00
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg)£0.07£0.09
    1x MAOAM Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk)£0.10£0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk)£0.10£0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g)£0.10£0.10
    1x ASDA Smartprice Still Water (2lt)£0.17£0.18
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg)£0.09£0.08
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g)£0.10£0.100.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)£0.12£0.12
    The end is nigh
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:

Not an happy bunny today but hey ho tiddly pom :cool:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    altojack wrote: »

Noooooo he wouldn t run away from meeeee Why should he :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport