Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• Tagatose
    Tagatose Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    My understanding is that only SMARTs which satisfy one of the following conditions should be returned to TNS:

1. "Return to TNS" on the SMART management page
    2. SMARTs absent on the list but in your possession

SMARTs with "Ready for Use" or "Awaiting Stock Check" should be retained for future use.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Tagatose wrote: »
    My understanding is that only SMARTs which satisfy one of the following conditions should be returned to TNS:

1. "Return to TNS" on the SMART management page
    2. SMARTs absent on the list but in your possession

SMARTs with "Ready for Use" or "Awaiting Stock Check" should be retained for future use.

As the op has 9 Smarts which do not appear to be needed in the coming week, I would do the same as Sheramber - perhaps return 5 and keep 4 ready for the following week.
  • redagila wrote: »
    As the op has 9 Smarts which do not appear to be needed in the coming week, I would do the same as Sheramber - perhaps return 5 and keep 4 ready for the following week.
    i had 6 smarts in my list, only one associated for next week. i sent 3 back.
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,

I wondered if you could help me with a quick question. I'm sure I've read about this on the thread before but can't find it now.

If an item is scheduled to be posted before the last collection time on, for example, Wednesday, can you post it after the final collection time the day before?

I'm asking because as things get busier at work in the lead up to the holidays, I'm finding it nearly impossible to get home to post before the final collection time.

Thank you :)
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • ljaneyr wrote: »
    Hello,

I wondered if you could help me with a quick question. I'm sure I've read about this on the thread before but can't find it now.

If an item is scheduled to be posted before the last collection time on, for example, Wednesday, can you post it after the final collection time the day before?

I'm asking because as things get busier at work in the lead up to the holidays, I'm finding it nearly impossible to get home to post before the final collection time.

Thank you :)

In that case, just post it when you leave home in the morning. Posting early in the day, even at 1 am, is still "before last collection time".

If you do post particularly early (I've posted at about 5 am at times) then they do check that you do want to report that particular time but you just click that you do.

Posting after the last collection time on the previous day would raise more questions with TNS and isn't the way they would want.
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    In that case, just post it when you leave home in the morning. Posting early in the day, even at 1 am, is still "before last collection time".

If you do post particularly early (I've posted at about 5 am at times) then they do check that you do want to report that particular time but you just click that you do.

Posting after the last collection time on the previous day would raise more questions with TNS and isn't the way they would want.

Thanks for your advice. I may need to find a different post box as the one I use has no parking nearby!
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Hi all :)

Quick question. You know these gold smarts which if you find one then you win £100? Now I know this will sound daft, but what exactly do they look like? Gold I know obviously! But, are they totally different to the normal ones?

It's just that the majority of the ones I receive are white, but now and again I get some that are sort of gold in colour (more copper really?), but I've got a feeling they aren't one of the winning golden smarts! Or else, I'd have won it about 4 times by now! Also, don't they just come in the cubes and not the Jiffy bags/envelopes?

Just want to make sure before I pass it on or send it back!
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Ive not seen a gold smart....but what you describe as receiving often is the standard smart....I guess the gold one really is gold in colour or has something with it to indicate its a winner.

I believe that the gold smart is sent out directly by the panel and does not come from another panelist but I have no idea what format of post they use to send it....jiffy/envelope/cube....could be any I guess
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Have just received a book of Christmas first-class stamps and a diary. The gifts were unexpected as currently doing unaddressed mail and correctly addressed mail, and not the main panel.

Nice surprise.

But the Post Office assistant wouldn't let me use my stamps to send a special delivery parcel today. When I asked the reason, she said that it is because I am buying a label, which is totally separate from a parcel ... :D

I don't get it either ...
  • MaShadow
    MaShadow Posts: 195 Forumite
    you probably bought an APL stamp with it. the big massive brown one. as they print the details onto it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure