IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC?

Comments

• hi guys. just to update. i havent receive any NTK letter so far? should i just wait? it has been about 3 weeks now. I got the ticket on the 8th.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    hi guys. just to update. i havent receive any NTK letter so far? should i just wait? it has been about 3 weeks now. I got the ticket on the 8th.

Did you send the IPC template letter from the NEWBIES thread? If not, do it now. If you did, wait to see what happens.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • It's a civil dispute.

The GMC won't give a hoot.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    hi guys. just to update. i havent receive any NTK letter so far? should i just wait? it has been about 3 weeks now. I got the ticket on the 8th.
    Of course you haven't. They can't get DVLA data until day 29 at the earliest.

Umkomaas explained what to do, send the usual IPC appeal from the NEWBIES thread (or, wait for the NTK next month and THEN send it). As he also told you, nothing will get rid of this, you will have to ride it out. The PCN will NOT be cancelled and there will be no point continuing the appeal to the IAS (this is explained in the NEWBIES thread already so I'll let you read it).
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    CPS Midlands are IPC AOS members, so unfortunately, no POPLA.

Just send in the IPC template appeal, then ignore anything further unless court papers are issued - come back if received.

This isn't brain surgery, but a bit more than chopping out an ingrown toenail.

CPS Midlands are not currently litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/CPS_Midlands.html

Nothing will get rid of this quickly, you just have to ride it out, I'm sorry.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Re PCN number:

I am not ignoring your charge for a purported parking infraction. As the driver has not been identified, I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company? I require their contact details.
    2. What is the full identity of the landowner?
    3. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    4. If the charge is based on damages for breach of contract please provide your justification of this sum.
    5. Is your charge based on an agreed 'fee' for the provision of parking? Answer yes or no. If so, please provide a valid VAT invoice for this 'service'.
    6. Please provide a copy of the signs that you can evidence were on site and which you contend formed a contract with the driver on that occasion, as well as all photographs taken of this vehicle.

In my opinion, there is a better alternative than legal proceedings, namely that we utilise the services of a completely independent ADR service suited to parking charges. This does not include the IAS appeal service - which is widely held to lack independence from your own Trade Body.

Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs. Double recovery is prohibited by the POFA 2012. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs. These are not my liability because the POFA 2012 can only potentially hold a registered keeper liable if certain provisions have been met.

I deny liability for any sum at all.

Yours faithfully,

Hi guys. Im struggling to find the template in post #3 in the newbies thread. is above the right template?

the other template i found is for POPLA companies which CPS is not.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 1 November 2016 at 10:23PM
    Yes that's the IPC appeal - I updated it a bit recently and made it more concise and that's the right one.

Send that - and if you have to post it, keep proof of posting from the PO Counter (a free certificate of posting). Remember the PPC will NOT cancel so please don't come back when you get the rejection letter asking what is the 'next step'. I scream inside when people ask that when they have already been told there isn't a next step.

Some people even think they have to pay and appear to have read nothing here! Hopefully you have, as you found the appeal to use for now.

As long as you have read the NEWBIES thread including post #3 which tells you why NOT to appeal to the IAS, sit tight after that.
  • yeah. i believe i understand that we have to wait if they do take court letters in the next 6 years(?) if not i am free!! hahah.

if they do come with court letters i shall come back. thanks for the advice. have a nice day!

edit: sorry quick question. shall i send a letter or email? or both?
  • If you look at the reverse of the original ticket (you posted images near the beginning) appeals are by post only.
  • Coupon-mad
    if they do come with court letters i shall come back.
    No-one comes round with court letters. A small claim would arrive in the post and would be defended either online (at first, later at a hearing) or by post at first (later at a hearing).

No-one is going to come knocking, these are not bailiffs and they can't appoint any without the small matter of beating you in court first, then you refusing to pay (which you wouldn't, if a Judge found against you, you'd finally pay and it would all be over. No CCJ, no huge costs, nothing bad).

That's the worst case scenario and it's no biggie & unlikely to happen.
  • toshiba12345
    toshiba12345 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2016 at 4:12PM
    just realised that they are asking to appeal by day 28. i think im already at day 27. will post by today. will that be okay?

also they also asked for few details: should i write down my email, address etc? because thats what they require for appeal.

a)pcn number and vehicle number
    b- state if driver keeper or other
    c- name full address and postcode
    d- home or mobile number
    e- email
    f- business address if business.

Thanks again!

im just wondering if i dont provide my address how can they reply to my letter? hmm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure