Bitcoins

I am going to buy some bitcoin. Could somebody please advise simple way to store the coins. It will be a paper wallet as everything sounds complicated. Does anybody know any secure sites to store or create wallet?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Going to dive in with £500. Hopefully watch this rollercoaster bring in some money

Comments

• Sounds a good way to lose £500
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Are you crazy? Of course it is a risk but since it has been around it has increased a lot. £500 is something I can afford to loose.

I have done research today and read many forums and a lot are predicting it will continue to increase until 2020. Of course it can suddenly go down overnight but equally it can bounce back.

Anybody else's opinions would be handy but if somebody with some experience in this could offer advice on storing these that would be great
  • The mean average price is $232
    You will be buying at $4302.
    Trusting in predictions on an investment with no secured collateral.
    What could possibly go wrong.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • £500 is what. Like I said I can afford to loose. It's a risk which could result in making ££££. You don't need to buy a full coin. I don't want an argument mate just advice.

Nobody can predict anything. But like I say a lad left out work in 2015 after investing in bitcoin and has just withdrawn some funds worth £76,000.

He has a much for complicated approach and does certain stuff with it which is granted and stored on a drive or something.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    He has a much for complicated approach and does certain stuff with it which is granted and stored on a drive or something.
    You sound ripe for Bitcoin, I'd go for it. You'll make ££££, or something
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month

If he is an expert and has been investing in it for several years, why not ask him what he used to create his offline wallet.

If it's only a small amount you can afford to lose, you could always just leave it in an online account with your bitcoin exchange of choice e.g. Bitstamp or whomever you've bought the coins from. Then it is less secure in case of something major happening to the exchange, but is instantly available for selling whenever you like.
  • I still want security. What's to say the £500 won t make it to £5000 which is a figure I'd be gutted to loose.

Some people on this forum just like to put people down. I understand I'm no expert hence asking for advice.

Has anybody got any success stories?
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    I still want security. What's to say the £500 won t make it to £5000 which is a figure I'd be gutted to loose.
    So, create an offline wallet rather than leaving it with the exchange. Then hope nothing bad happens to your offline wallet.
    Some people on this forum just like to put people down. I understand I'm no expert hence asking for advice.
    What advice on security did you get from your workmate who had got lucky with it? Or did you give up listening because it sounded 'complicated'?
    Has anybody got any success stories?
    Surely if you are considering making an investment in something you don't want to just hear success stories. You can see that the coins once cost ten cents and last week they could be sold for over five thousand dollars. So, you can guess that some people will have made a lot of money. If you only hear from those people you may miss out on hearing about the people who paid over $1k for them and sold out, gutted, when the price dropped to under $300.

If it helps, I have made more money than I have lost when buying and holding and then selling bitcoins.

If you want to know what bitcoins are, how they work, how to buy, how to hold, how to transfer, how to sell, then just google for one of the various sites which explain. How about this one:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_set_up_a_secure_offline_savings_wallet
  • Thanks so much for your great advice. Have you made a lot? Do you check it daily?
  • Thanks so much for your great advice. Have you made a lot? Do you check it daily?

You've mentioned your friend who made £70k+...

Asking them is sound advice, no?

There won't be many success storied on here because not that many people have actually made money on Bitcoin. It's extremely hard to buy and even harder to sell.

I'd suggest speaking to your friend who has been through it all and can offer advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure